- Jewel Paymentech
- Intern - Data Scientist
- Date Listed
- 11 Jan 2017
- Job Type
- Internship / Contract ( Entry Level / Junior Executive )
- Job Period
- Flexible Start, For At Least 3 Months
- Allowance /
- $800 - 1,500 monthly
- Computing / IT / Software
- Financial Services / Banking
- Company Profile
We're a Financial Technology startup which focuses on developing intelligent solutions to mitigate fraud and other risks for the banking and financial industry. We were also named as one of the most promising FinTech startups in Asia by SWIFT.
- Job Description
Jewel Paymentech is looking for a highly motivated intern to join our team and support us in several new initiatives that includes web and mobile application development.
We are looking for individuals energised to see through projects from concept to implementation. Be prepared for a fast-paced and exciting environment and you will gain a broad experience in understanding the banking and electronic payments industry.
Collaborate with other developers and designers to build solutions for the financial industry
- Visualisation of complex datasets
- Build, test and deploy machine learning models to combat fraud and other payment risk issues.
- Collaborate with other developers and designers to build solutions for the financial industry.
- Develop advanced analytic tools and refining of existing models.
Students applying for this Job should possess a passion in problem solving, web development and fancy some creative works. Do you want to experience working in a fast-paced environment with new challenges every day? This is the place.
- A dynamic working environment – you will be a part of a team that prides itself on engineering innovative solutions to complex problems
- Learn about payment systems, fraud, financial industry processes, AI, and much more from our experienced team
- Cool working environment – plenty of snacks, regular movie nights, and team activities
- A love for data and data analysis
- Knowledge, skills and abilities in scikit-learn, jupyter, R, Excel, Matlab, and other similar tools
- Foundation in Python, C, Java and other programming languages
- Ability to work with databases at a basic level (SQL and noSQL)