Iki Concepts is a company that owns and manages YOSHI, The Horse’s Mouth and Uma Uma Ramen.
YOSHI offers traditional Kaiseki cuisine in an elegantly modern setting and was recently named this year's Best New Restaurant (Asia) and Award of Excellence by high society magazine The Peak. The Horse’s Mouth is a playful speakeasy-style Izakaya serving Japanese bar food and cocktails, while Uma Uma Ramen (Original Hakata Ramen) serves delicious noodles, made according to a 60-year-old family recipe from Japan, with a robust and aromatic tonkatsu stock.
The Cook shall prep all food ingredient, be able to cook all dishes on the menu and to ensure food prepared is consistent and of superior quality. He will assist in washing and cleaning to ensure the overall neatness and cleanliness of the Kitchen and Pantry at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare a variety of food items for cooking
- Cooking of food
- Wash, peel, and/or cut food items, including fruits, vegetables, or certain types of meats
- Weigh or measure ingredients
- Date label all food before storing them in chiller or freezer
- Retrieve food items from the fridge or freezer
- Re-fill kitchen condiment bottles and shakers.
- Stack and store food supplies, equipment, or other utensils in the kitchen.
- Wipe down kitchen surfaces using proper sanitizers
- General kitchen duties including washing up of dishes, setting up and clearing away equipment. Cleaning of the kitchen includes all work surface, floors and walls.
- Ensure all equipment and spaces conform to sanitary regulations and high housekeeping standards
- Ensure proper handling of equipment
- Does daily check of freezer and chiller to ensure food is stored in the correct temperature and records are up to date
- Any other tasks as assigned.
- With or without experience
- Training will be provided
- A good memory is needed to memorize the various mixed drinks that are ordered by the customers
- Must be keen and willing to learn
- Possesses a positive attitude
- Excellent in Customer Service
- Able to work in a non-Halal certified working environment/non-Halal food and products
- Must possess good grooming
- ONLY FOR SINGAPOREAN AND SPR (NO Quota for Foreigners)
- Attractive salary based on experience
- Medical Outpatient Reimbursement
- Incentives, tips, and bonus sharing
- Staff meal provided
- Transport reimbursement
- Statutory benefits (AL, Sick leave, Childcare, Maternity & Paternity leave, etc)
Working Hours: 44 hrs to 48hrs per week
Location: Orchard Road (Forum the Shopping Mall) and Raffles Boulevard (Millenia Walk)