Are you looking to gain work experience in an international, market leading organization?
Part of one of the largest specialist data and insight businesses in the world, we are from the Maritime & Law division of Informa UK, also known as Informa Intelligence. Our team comprises a group of award-winning maritime journalists, market experts and analysts. Our role is to deliver critical intelligence to businesses across the region via our suite of products and consulting services.
We believe that by connecting and interpreting our unique data and view of the shipping ecosystem, we deliver unparalleled insight that empowers professionals to minimise risk, ensure compliance and identify growth opportunities.
There since the very beginning of the commercial shipping industry, our Lloyds List group of services are the go-to global source of market knowledge and data.
Our Singapore office is centrally located and you will get to work with us to make an impact on our activities in APAC and globally.
The intern will be working on the following key tasks:
- Providing support on translation assignments, including project managing and coordination with vendors handling APAC marketing content localizations (mainly in Chinese & Japanese). Examples of content types will be our website, marketing emails, brochures, presentation slides, videos, etc.
- Support in conducting APAC customer, competitor and market research and analysis
- Maintaining documentation/ findings in shared repository
- Provide support in conducting data audits, performing Excel analysis, developing visualization and reporting capabilities for our internal and external audiences
- Ideating content marketing ideas for the Chinese and Japanese markets, researching materials and contribute to production of various marketing assets (e.g. email, white papers, infographics, webinars, surveys, reports)
- Coordinate and provide necessary operations, logistics, and marketing support for digital and face to face events, and day to day activities as required
Skills & Requirements
- Strong command of spoken and written Chinese and English (Japanese reading ability will also be advantageous)
- Microsoft Office skills, with an emphasis on Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong attention to detail and meticulous work attitude
- Good organization and project management skills
- Research skills
- Willingness to learn and flexible to try new approaches
- Independent worker and ability to deliver within tight timelines
- Advanced knowledge of commonly used social and search channels in China such as WeChat, Weibo and Baidu will be advantageous
Things to note
Start of internship is from end July/ early Aug 2020 onwards
Applicant must be a full-time current student from a Singapore polytechnic/ university.
Minimum commitment of 5 months. Applicants who are able to commit for longer durations (up to 6 months) are welcome - please indicate your availability period within the application.
Please include a cover letter along with your CV in the application. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.