Foo Kon Tan LLP, based in Singapore and established since1968, it is the 7th largest accounting firm in Singapore, well recognised and trusted in the business community. We help client seek growth opportunities and succeed in the changing business and regulatory environments.
As an intern for Tax, your responsibilities include :
• Extract and analyse data from financial records and filing information relevant to the preparation of tax computations and related supporting documents.
• Prepare and verify standard computations of taxable income and tax liability for individuals and/or single companies.
• Prepare or contribute to the preparation or assessment of tax computations for individuals, companies or other entities with more complex tax affairs.
• Prepare computations or assessments of Goods and Services Tax (GST) liabilities.
• Explain and question the basis of tax calculations.
• Prepare or assess returns of income for individuals, companies and/or other entities ensuring timely submission with all other relevant information sent to the Comptroller of Income Tax by the due date.
• Explain tax filing and payment requirements and the consequences of non-compliance.
• Identify available claims, or need to object to/appeal an assessment, ensuring that they are submitted within the required time limits.
• Communicate effectively, appropriately and professionally with the relevant parties in relation to both routine and specific matters/enquiries.
Training will be provided.
You must be a Singaporean or SPR, and able to commit for at least 3 months.