Fonterra Cooperative Group is a farmer owned co-operative dairy company and the world’s
largest dairy exporter. Our New Zealand-made dairy products are enjoyed in 140 markets across the globe. Our products are loved by people for their balanced nutrition, quality craftsmanship and sheer indulgence. Anlene™, Anchor™, Anmum™, are among the best known dairy brands in Asia and the rest of the world. With more than 150 offices and sites around the world, Fonterra can offer a great range of career pathways across our business.
About The Role
The intern will report to the Trade Marketing Manager and support him on translating Fonterra’s key strategies into actionable plans to deliver business objectives. This includes driving Perfect Store execution, improving promotion effectiveness, as well as developing Point of Sales Material (POSM).
· Liaise closely with sales team in developing and executing channel growth strategy.
· Track and identify gaps within Perfect Store KPI to develop action plans with sales and operations team to close KPI gaps and strengthen Perfect Store execution.
· Promotion planning to drive respective brand’s growth objective.
· Review key promotions on a monthly basis and provide recommendations to improve on each accounts profitability.
· Develop cut through POSM to address purchase barriers, provide product/brand education, highlight promotion mechanics etc.
· Support to business in improving processes and work flow.
Competencies to be learned:
· Route to Market strategy and execution
· Strategic channel planning
· Channel profitability analysis
· Promotion planning
· Promotion effectiveness analysis
· Presentation and Communication Skills
· Undergraduate in the final year of study with a degree in Business, Marketing or Economics preferably with Analytics major
· Familiarity with social media strategies and platforms
· Positive and enthusiastic team player who can collaborate across cultures
· Self-motivated and works well in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to multi-task and take initiative
· Good communication and presentation skills
· Extracurricular activities that demonstrate ability to manage a project relatively autonomously to completion
· Some experience with data visualization tools (e.g.Tableau) will be a strong advantage
· Able to confidently apply, interpret & translate statistical analyses into compelling and actionable recommendations
· Able to speak and write fluent English, Bonus – Mandarin.
Visit our website at https://www.fonterra.com/nz to find out more about us.
1) Only local students in Singapore who are able to commit for the entire period of internship from 1 July to 31 December 2021 will be considered.
2) Selected student will be required to apply for a “Leave of Absence” to complete this internship.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Related Company Review:
Type: Food & Beverage Manufacturing / Manufacturing
Pros: -trusting culture - empowerment - willing to test new ideas - capable employees - strong sustainability agenda
Cons: - systems are old - young company, still learning how to be a strong consumer business