Fonterra Cooperative Group is a farmer owned co-operative dairy company and the world’s largest dairy exporter. Our New Zealand-made dairy products are enjoyed in 140 markets across the globe. Our products are loved by people for their balanced nutrition, quality craftsmanship and sheer indulgence. Anlene™, Anchor™, Fernleaf™ and Perfect Italiano™ are among the best known dairy brands in Singapore and the rest of the world.
APAC Sales Strategy, RGM Intern ( 1 July to 31 December 2020)
Learning Objectives of the Role
Gain Solid Experience in working at the APAC Team and engaging various market with different market dynamics
- Gain an overall understanding on how a team works across multiple markets in Fonterra and learn RGM are deployed to all markets across the business to drive sustainable revenue and profit growth.
Develop Strong Collaboration and influencing skills
- Learn collaboration skill with a diverse group of people from different functions (Sales, Marketing, Finance, Operations) and countries (across SEA and Oceania) to RGM agenda.
Leverage the right data source to support key must win RGM strategies
- How to organize and master various external data source (Market Share, Scan Sales, Kantar Home Panel) to gain 360 view on current pack price performance and develop a strong date driven RGM Strategies to ensure we are drive the right pack price strategies and optimize our promotion strategies and tactics.
- Learn the 6 steps on PPA methodology that help drive business growth.
- Work with the market data and research to capture the insights for growth opportunities in the market
- Using the Fonterra Discovery Tools to analysis various market landscape to identify gap opportunities to act upon
- Co-ordinate with the market the key data to conduct a in depth analysis to identify opportunities in terms of pricing, pack offering and distribution.
- Work with commercial and brand team to define clearly the mission to promote, using the Consumer Panel data to using shopper behaviour to understand and course correct promotion strategy.
- Using Scan Sales data to do post promotion analysis to see what the best way is to promote.
- Work with Econometric modelling team and the market to come up with a recommendation on our promotion strategy by product by customer.
- Work with the market to organize data and visualize the information to provide insights to the business on trade spend.
- Understand how to leverage various external databank and agency to provide a solution to gain better understand on effectiveness on promotion for online and offline channel
- Develop tools, processes, roll out plan and critical path schedule
Key Skills & Attitude:
- Marketing, Strategy and/or Data Analytics, Market Research background
- Savvy in interpreting trends and able to generate insights from observations and/or desk research
- Good communication skills – able to communicate key findings in succinct and impactful manner
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Positive and enthusiastic team player who can collaborate across cultures
- Strong project management skills with ability to get things done
- Self-motivated and works well in a fast-paced environment
- Able to speak and write in fluent English. Proficiency in Mandarin will be an added advantage
This internship is only open to students who are currently pursuing a degree with a local University in Singapore.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Related Company Review:
Type: Food & Beverage Manufacturing / Manufacturing
Pros: People were all friendly and helpful to the interns, lots of opportunities to learn
Cons: Restructuring caused uncertainty, sometimes managers are too busy and you feel stuck/have nothing to do