The EU-ASEAN Business Council (EU-ABC) is the sole voice for European Business within the ASEAN region, formally recognised as such by the European Commission and the ASEAN Secretariat. Established to help promote the interests of European businesses operating within ASEAN and to advocate for changes in trade and investment policies and regulations, the EU-ABC raises the profile of European businesses in the region through formal events and high-profile dialogues.
The EU-ABC has established, and continues to develop, a series of Advocacy Groups covering both individual commercial sectors (e.g. Automotive; Insurance; Healthcare; Financial Services) and cross-industry issues (e.g. IPR/Illicit Trade; Human Capital; Customs Procedures & Trade Facilitation). These Advocacy Groups are made up from leading MNCs in each area plus Committee representatives from our European Chamber of Commerce members.
The Research intern will gain first-hand experience working in a dynamic organisation within the government affairs industry. He/She will be responsible for doing research work on the various industries and advocacy groups covered by the EU-ABC. The intern will also be supporting our flagship survey and its launch, advocacy publications, which involve data collection, evaluation and overall publication needs. He/She will have the opportunity to attend conferences and seminars on the covered topics. The intern will be reporting directly to the Executive Director, and will have the opportunity to work with the Executive Board of the EU-ABC. More details: https://www.eu-asean.eu/career
- Bachelor’s degree or studying for a Bachelor’s Degree in a programme that requires an internship
- Broad knowledge of trade and investment relations
- Excellent research, writing and critical thinking skills
- Strong excel skills and some experience with data analytics
- Ability to analyse and summarise data efficiently and compellingly
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Independent worker and a team player