Energy Renewed Pte Ltd
For the world's most remote locations to have access to clean energy in order to protect the natural environment and to build a sustainable future. Renewable Energy has the future, is unstoppable and we want to contribute to the reduction of fossil fuels consumption (carbon foot print). Renewable Energy is an important part of the Circular Economy which includes energy, production of food, materials, E-Commerce and Internet of Things. We want to become the premier solutions provider for renewable energy.
To make Energy Renewed the preferred choice for companies in remote off-grid areas such as resorts, mining, forestry, fishing, communication & broadcasting companies. We achieve this by delivering complete circular solutions that are cost-effective, balanced and scalable and help not only protecting the environment but also improving the image and brand of our customers.
Energy Renewed Pte Ltd (ER) wants to develop a building scheme for Composite boats with Electric drives. The boats will be built by local boatbuilders in remote areas in South East Asia and in order to built efficiently standardizing is needed (economy of scale). The company is inviting students to apply for internship to work on a comprehensive business plan. There are two phases 1) understanding the entire business model allowing us to attract funding to build the mould and sell the package to boat builders with a finance product/lease plan and 2) for them to sell the boats to afnemers such as fishermen, local transport companies, tourism.
Objective of the role and general responsibilities:
- Writing a comprehensive Business Plan for a boat building scheme including proposals for a financial and leasing plan targeting local boat-builders and their clients.
- The business plan includes, but is not limited, to market research, detailed financial modelling with revenues, costs (fixed/variable), product P&L, profit margins, return on investment.
- We want the student to come up with a recommendation for the structure/outline of the business plan. The business plan will have 3 outputs: financial modelling, a written report in Word & Presentation (ppt) allowing us to present the business case to potential partners, future investors and clients.
- As part of the business plan, a student will propose come up with a market research plan, (market potential/size in different geographical market segments e.e. B2B clients, government support and investors but also suppliers/vendors).
- Setup a leasing scheme for : a) For building/purchasing moulds and building the boats by local boat builders and b) For the leasing of boats by resorts, companies etc and for the local communities.
- Good understanding of the key components of a business plan, detailed financial modelling, some general business administration knowledge, good understanding of how a P&L is built, general knowledge of the different techniques of market research.
- Familiar with terms as CAPEX/OPEX, Capital Investment Proposals, Cost of goods, Variable and Fixed cost.
- General knowledge of how lease constructions work
- Good proficiency MS Office skills in particular Excel, Word, Powerpoint and good interpersonal and communication skills.
- We are looking for someone who is curious, keeps asking questions and is a team player with some project management skills, Should be comfortable to deal with ambiguity and ability to work independently.