About US: ERI is a global risk and security intelligence advisory firm headquartered in Dallas, Texas with offices in Austin, Washington DC, Greater Boston, the United Kingdom, Ireland and Singapore. We support global security, risk management, business continuity and other risk-focused departments of Fortune 500 companies and multi-national organizations. We help our clients assess risk to their organizations; whether that risk emanates from geopolitics, security threats, economic forces or regulatory initiatives that may impact bottom line revenue or threaten personnel and company assets.
ERI operates five lines of business:
Assessment and Analysis: We provide our clients daily, subscription-based and bespoke geopolitical and threat intelligence services.
Training: We train intelligence analysts to serve effectively in corporate environments. Our training focuses on tradecraft and tools that drive more efficient and effective analysis. We offer a range of in-house and open training courses to address specific levels of experience and need.
Online Platform: We offer a subscription-based online portal that provides a workspace environment for security intelligence analysts, combining ERI’s expert analysis with hundreds of curated datasets and our suite of data visualization tools.
Consulting: We help companies develop and improve their intelligence programs, providing end-to-end support; from assessing needs and providing analysis to recruiting and hiring highly qualified candidates.
Embedded Analyst Services: We support our clients with embedded analysts, full- and part-time, short- and long-term. Our embedded analysts work directly for our clients, allowing them the benefit of employing intelligence professionals trained to ERI’s strict standards of competency and continually professionally developed by ERI’s senior leadership, armed with access to ERI’s proprietary tools and deep backbench of in-house subject matter experts.
Threat Intelligence Analyst – Singapore
Emergent Risk International (ERI) is seeking to hire a full-time Threat Monitoring Specialist to be embedded on an annual contract with one of our multinational clients in Singapore.
The Threat Monitoring Specialist will preferably have experience working in threat monitoring for a public or private sector entity or have recent educational, military, or law enforcement experience. The successful candidate will work onsite at our client’s office, serving on a six-member 24/7/365 GSOC team. This is not a remote position.
Overview: The Threat Monitoring and Analysis team monitors, tracks, analyzes and reports on actual/potential threats on a 24/7/365 basis according to an established Trigger Matrix for events of significance, loosely defined as events that have the potential to, or are impacting corporate assets, operations, or personnel.
Position Description: This role requires an individual with a passion for security and intelligence and a desire to learn and grow with a new threat monitoring and analysis team. Some experience in threat monitoring, operating threat monitoring tools and working in a Security Operations position is preferred.
The individual will have a sense of urgency around monitoring global events and develop a keen awareness of which types of events - geographically and from a business perspective - are of actual importance to the client.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to learn about the aspects of the client’s business that this team is responsible for and some of the unique vulnerabilities associated with it. You will be level-headed, team-oriented and able to work collaboratively within a team. This position will involve working nights, weekends and holidays.
- Triage global incidents by collecting information, analyzing, and assessing the incident based on Standard Operating Procedures and the Trigger Matrix, and issuing Awareness/Advisory alerts.
- Conduct regional threat monitoring and research according to defined parameters.
- Develop and maintain a deep knowledge base of sources including OSINT, social media, client GCD databases, sources and archives.
- Develop the capability to utilize client threat intelligence tools to efficiently monitor enterprise-wide threats. Stay current with tool updates.
- Be quick to verify real-time news as it happens and be able to write a concise and accurate business report for distribution within minutes to key stakeholders.
- Work closely with GSOC Supervisor for additional gathering, vetting, and review of information.
- Support crisis communications process as events dictate.
- Utilize client’s business continuity software with proficiency.
- Develop and maintain deep, current subject matter expertise of geopolitical and threat issues in assigned areas of responsibility in alignment with client risks and threat concerns/interests
- Learn to and regularly create data visualizations to convey analytical information and insight relevant to client needs
- Successfully complete any other approved professional development and training relevant to project mission and job duties
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent law enforcement/military/government experience.
- Experience with a global threat monitoring team or equivalent experience preferred
- Superior writing and editing skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)Superior research/OSINT skills
- Quick-thinking and response time during crisis events
- Professional demeanor / Positive attitude
- Demonstrated team player
- Ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and prioritize accordingly
- A strong commitment to ethical private sector intelligence practices
- The ability to maintain confidentiality around company and operational information
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Must be able to pass a background check and a pre-employment drug screening
Remuneration: This role will be a full-time (40 hours per week) hourly position working 10-hour shifts 4 days per week Wednesday - Saturday OR Sunday - Wednesday as outlined below. Pay will be commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline is November 31, 2022.Please send your resume, cover letter, and a recent writing sample to: eriteam(at)emergentriskinternational(dot)com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. To be considered for the position, all applicants must be legal residents of Singapore and must independently possess the eligibility to work in the country where the position is located.
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Night shift & Weekend availability
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.