- Codomo Pte Ltd
- Potato Pirates Game Designer
- Date Listed
- 28 Feb 2019
- Job Type
- Internship / Contract ( Entry Level / Junior Executive )
- Job Period
- Immediate Start, For At Least 6 Months
451 Joo Chiat Road (MOX)
- Allowance /
- $800 - 1,200 monthly
- Company Profile
Codomo is an education technology startup built on the principles of building connections between students, giving room for creative freedom and expression, providing real-world exposure and catalysing real-world impact through design innovation. We achieve this through our workshops and products. Our first product is Potato Pirates - a card game that teaches programming concepts. Potato Pirates was launched on Kickstarter in September 2017 and has gone on to become the most backed project on Kickstarter from Singapore, raising over $250,000 with over 5000 backers.
- Job Description
Ever dreamt of creating a tabletop game? This position is exactly that! Following up on our successful Kickstarter, we are expanding our product range by using Potato Pirates to teach more advanced tech concepts. You will have the opportunity to lead our tabletop game design and development in this aspect and put your work in the hands of people around the world.
Primary scope of work:
- Divergent ideation of different game mechanics that incorporate aspects of coding or computational thinking (e.g. abstraction, algorithms, sorting, data structures, ML/AI)
- Rapid iteration of game prototypes with well-documented game design documents
- Manage different aspects of the game e.g. game mechanics, art style, components etc.
- Playtest and converge on selected concepts based on testing data
- Explore unique ways to incorporate tech in the board game such as NFC or AR
- Have a portfolio of 2 to 3 games
- Exhibit a high degree of creativity and critical thinking
- Solid foundation in game design principles & framework
- Experience in playtesting tabletop games
- Makes data-driven design decisions
- Minimum engagement: 6-months internship/contract ($800 to $1200/mth)
- Minimum qualification: Polytechnic graduate with game design background
Please apply for this position by submitting your text CV using InternSG.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.