Clarion Events is a leading international organiser of conferences and exhibitions, serving 12 different market sectors. In 2011 alone, over 700,000 carefully targeted people visited our 160 exhibitions, conferences and seated events across Europe, North and South America, Africa, Middle East and Asia. Now in our 66th year of operation, we are one of the largest independent event organisers in the world currently employing a talented staff of 500+ people in offices in the UK, Netherlands, United States, South Africa, Brazil, UAE, and Singapore.
This amazing opportunity is to work within Clarion’s energy portfolio in Asia. We have been running events successfully in the region since 2000 and are looking for a business savvy intern to join our Asian headquarters based in Singapore.
Clarion Events Asia specialises in high quality international conferences and exhibitions for, and in co-operation with, the utilities and oil & gas sectors. We work closely with regional advisory boards made up of leading utility and oil & gas industry operators to deliver cutting-edge content in the areas of Power Generation, Transmission & Distribution, Smart Grids, Metering, Energy Trade and Oil & Gas.
All applicants must have the relevant papers to work in Singapore. Clarion will not be applying for visas or work passes on behalf of applications as this is a contract role.
The Networking will assist the Networking Manager in the following activities
- To guest VIPs (C-level executives) that are relevant to our events by phone
- To co-ordinate and manage meetings for key sponsors (Gold and above) of big and huge events.
- To provide sponsors with a truly great experience pre and during the conference and to provide a service element to the networking process.
- To co-ordinate roundtable attendance sheets
- To set up Clarion’s networking app on each event and handle enquiries before and onsite at the event
- Manage meetings, private luncheons, etc for sponsors onsite
1. VIP Guesting
- Event brief with GM/CM/MM to jointly identify profile of VIP and targets required
- NWM to commence guesting process at FC with data supplied by MM
- Regular communication with confirmed VIP guests to ensure their attendance onsite at the event. These VIPs will also be required to do meetings with sponsors who have 1-to-1 meetings
- Weekly updates with GM/CM on target met and status of attendance
2. Networking planning and internal project management
- Communicate with event GM, MM, CM, SM on which sponsors to focus on 20 weeks before event start date.
- Arrange a project meeting with the entire team to confirm strategy, number of meetings for each sponsor, networking areas / infrastructure available on site etc
- Introduction to sponsor to devise if interested in using networking manager
- Attend weekly catch up meetings with the Marketing Director
- Sole point of contact with identified sponsors on all sponsorship matters including 1-to-1 meeting
- Requesting and chasing up wish lists from sponsors to facilitate delivering the right people they want to meet
- Update sponsors schedule using event genie with confirmed meetings
- Onsite meet with sponsors with all confirmed meetings and discuss if they would like to use networking area or take the meeting over to their stand
- Onsite NM facilitates networking and sends text reminders for scheduled meetings
- Check on sponsors if they have stands with a delegate list to set up any extra onsite meetings that NM were unable to confirm before conference start date
3. Jublia networking tool set up and management
- To set up the networking app for events that NWM manages and handle all customer queries pre-event
- Guide customers through the app to show them how to use it, make their own amendments
- To manage meeting concierge onsite and handle all customer queries
- Diploma/Degree qualified
- Customer service focused
- Good written and verbal communications skills especially over the phone
- Interpersonal, relationship management and networking skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Planning/time management/self-organization and self-discipline
- Initiative - proactive and able to work independently
- Able to work with others and in a team
- Dependable – takes responsibility for own actions, keeps commitments
- Tech savvy