BlackStorm Consulting is a Singapore-based business scaler that specialises in corporate strategy, profit management and market entry in Southeast Asia. We scale businesses through closing up strategic gaps that hinder companies from reaching their potential. Our clients and connections are internationally present and range from small and medium sized businesses, MNCs, to government agencies.
We are looking for interns to join the team. The ideal candidate should be analytical, proactive, equipped with a good attitude and willingness to learn.
The successful candidate will support the tech team front end development of a fairly new EdTech platform. The position will be based in Singapore and a post-internship review will be conducted by a Director at BlackStorm Consulting.
You will be given the opportunity to improvise a new EdTech web application and build your portfolio.
As a Front End Developer Intern, your duties include but not limited to:
- Develop new user-facing features
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimise application for maximum speed and scalability on the front end across multiple browser views
- Maintain high cross-browser compatibility standard
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to gather business requirements
- Implement SEO strategies on the technical level
Requirements include but not limited to:
- Candidate must possess at least Diploma/Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly proficient in written and verbal English
- Able to perform data migration, transformation, scripting, and testing
- Proficient knowledge of a web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as git
- Able to use design tools such as Gimp or Photoshop will be a plus