Black Market Camera is in the business of the distribution, sale and rental of photographic and video equipment. We constantly expand our product offerings to be at the forefront of new technologies in the industry. Being a fairly young start-up, our staff consist of primarily youths, who have gone through internships themselves, are well aware of the challenges in hosting interns and being interns.
We previously planned and hosted internship programmes for students from local Institutes including ITEs, Polytechnics and Universities. Our internship programme is especially relevant for students studying media, IT and business related courses. Students from other disciplines are welcomed to apply and speak with us to explore possible internship job scope and projects.
We believe that students who actively source out companies for internships know what they are looking for, and would be better fit for the placements. They will get to learn and practice skills relevant to their interests, as opposed to students who are assigned by their schools, not given any choice, and waste months of their time learning nothing. So if you want to intern with the best, stop lazing around and get moving to take control of your internship experience!
Responsibilities of Black Market Crew - Intern (Media / Business Development):
- Design marketing materials for Social Media Marketing
- Assist in E-Commerce related design listings
- Assist in Store/Retail/Distribution Operations
- Assist in Video Production Projects
- Assist in Online Store operations and Marketing
- Come out with projects and assignments for themselves that will be considered based on feasibility and benefits to the firm
Requirements to join the Black Market Crew - Intern (Media / Business Development):
- Desire to try new things all the time. New web design platforms, New editing apps/programs on mobile devices, New social media marketing platforms, New E-commerce platforms, New tools/methods of shooting stills and video, New products, New markets. As long as it is new and in, we want a piece of it, because the only constant we have here is change.
- Singapore citizen / Singapore PR or students with exemptions.
Outcomes of being a Black Market Crew - Intern (Media / Business Development):
- Learn about business processes of a local SME, including operations of a brick and mortar shop, e-commerce, procurement, marketing and much more!
- Participate in a diverse range of work from procurement, product testing, to warehousing, product pricing and preparations to marketing strategies.
- Opportunities to be converted to full time staff or long term part time staff (for students who still have 1-2years before graduating)
- Chance to experience and work with products brought in for sale and distribution by the company, including DJI Ronin/OSMO cameras / electronic gimbal stabilizers, DJI Phantom/Inspire Professional Drones, Action cameras from GoPro, SJCam, XiaoMi, Gimbal Stabilizers by Feiyu-Tech, ZY-Tech, Lanparte, Wenpod, Beholder.
- Chance to be involve in filming projects commissioned by the company using products such as drones, stabilizers, action cameras, 4K capable smartphones and other professional filming equipment.
- Become familiar with professional editing software for graphics and productions.
- Have access and learn using professional equipment the firm owns, including large variety of cameras, lenses, computers, lighting and sound equipment worth hundreds of thousands.
- Witness first hand how we maximise our productivity and always produce the maximum effect with minimum effort. This philosophy is manifested in everything thing we do here.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.