At Barry Callebaut, we are on a journey to transform the cocoa and chocolate industry. As the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products, our actions truly shape the future of our industry. We are a business-to-business company, serving the entire food sector, from the cocoa bean to the finest chocolate product. We are a company with a purpose, we believe in doing well by doing good and reinvesting in the communities we operate. We have a long-standing commitment to sustainability and our goal is to shape a sustainable cocoa and chocolate future. We are headquartered in Zurich, and have more than 12,000 passionate Employees working in more than 40 countries worldwide. We are very proud of who we are and what we do. And of course, we are always looking for talented people to help us have a positive impact on our industry and beyond!
About the role
This position reports to the Managing Director of Indonesia (Chocolate)/ Vice President of Southeast Asia Food Manufacturers. The Sales Trainee will have an opportunity to support the Vice President and his team of sales managers, in particular in covering Chinese clients in Southeast Asia. Mandarin (spoken and written) fluency will be required, while the ability to speak another Southeast Asia language such as Bahasa Indonesia will be an advantage. This will be an exciting opportunity for a young graduate to train at the world’s largest B2B Chocolate Company, interact with selected customers, and learn the basics of B2B sales
Key responsibilities include
- Working with selected customers, especially Chinese speaking customers, to bring them on board and successfully win and execute new projects
- Helping to project management complex outsourcing projects, which will require working closely with internal stakeholders such as R&D, marketing
- Preparing a presentation for pitches to new customers
- Good University Bachelor’s Degree
- Full Chinese fluency (spoken and written) + ideally one other Southeast Asian language (e.g. Bahasa)
- A flexible, can-do attitude
- Strong communication skills and "customer readiness"
- Good stakeholder management and project management skills