Aural-Aid is an architectural acoustics company that focuses on consultancy, testing and project management. Since founded in 2013, it has grown steadily to take on various notable projects while keeping true to the founding ethos of Aural-Aid - to nurture a dynamic and learning culture so that it can keep up with industry and technological demands effectively.
Students will be attached to a mentor under the design department to generate building concepts incorporating acoustic requirements in modern spaces. They are expected to produce design drawings, models and renders to showcase their proposed concepts in a space or facility of a sensible choice. Herein, they will generate different acoustic products installed in the space/facility that will produce the necessary acoustical effect.
Architectural and Interior Design
(1) Understanding fundamentals of acoustic environments and its solutions
(2) Understanding of existing products, including product characteristics and installation processes/challenges
(3) Concept Generation
- Students will propose the design concept of a space/facility based on (not limited to):
(1) Acoustic environmental needs
(2) Suitability and effectiveness of products to be installed
(3) Visual effect
- Students will materialise their design concepts into design drawings, models and renders
(1) Parametric CAD drawings
(2) Design modeling
(3) Photorealistic renders
(Preferred) AutoCAD, Rhinoceros, Grasshopper, SketchUp, V-Ray, Revit