Our R&D team is working on technologies that enables the next generation Precision (CNC) Machining Centres. This involves enhancement to the machine's performance, funcrionalities and it's integration to future smart factory. The scope of development include Advanced Mechatronic Motion Control, Automation, Industrial Robotics, Industrial IoT and Cloud-based Monitoring/Control Systems.
- Carry out Development work in the area of Mechatronic Control Systems (primarily in applications of mid to heavy precision motion systems using direct drive motors)
- Design and tune commercial motion controllers to achieve optimal motion profile.
- Perform testing and fine-tuning on existing Direct Drive Systems and/or Precision Motion Systems prototype.
- Collaborate closely with Mechanical Engineers and Application teams to adopted a holistic Mechatronics Control Design methodology.
- Size, source, select and procure suitable electrical components, drivers, controllers and power supply for a required application.
- Work with other local and regional teams (such as Sales, Applications, Manufacturing) within the organisation to support the entire product lifecycle (i.e. from conceptualisation to commercialisation).
- Candidate must possess at least Master's Degree or Ph.D. and/or equivalent, preferably in Electrical, Mechatronic, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
- At least 1-2 Year(s) of knowledge in Machine and Motion Component industry.
- Applicants without experience but with good learning ability are welcome to apply.
- Understand basic PID Control and able to apply fundamental knowledge on simple motion control systems.
- Have taken relevant subjects such as Control, Linear Systems, Dynamic Systems or similar, as an undergraduate module.
- Able to use Matlab (or other Mathematical tools) to formulate and simulate basic control model
- Basic knowledge and practical experience with sensors, electrical systems and single/three-phase power supply.
- Valuable added-advantage of skills & knowledge are:
- Hands-on experience with commercial controllers, i.e. able to put together a controller, drivers, motor and encoders and perform PID tuning to achieve desired motion performance
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of Modal analysis
- Deep understanding of mechatronic systems
- Passionate about Engineering, creating new things, and realising ideas/concepts into commercialisable products.
- Open to take on unfamiliar task and adaptable to new area of work,
- Resourceful and an effective self-learner
- Able to work well independently, in a team and in a dynamic project environment.
- Meticulous attention to quality and rigorous work
- OT Pay
- Flexi Benefits
- 5-days work week (8.30am to 6pm)