The YTL PowerSeraya Group, a wholly-owned subsidiary of YTL Power International Berhad, is an integrated energy company with its core business in generation and retailing of electricity. With a licensed generating capacity of 3100MW, YTL PowerSeraya is one of Singapore largest electricity generators.
The Group has two subsidiaries: Seraya Energy, the retail arm that provides a range of innovative energy solutions to meet the diverse needs of its customers; as well as PetroSeraya, the physical oil trading arm of the Group that provides fuel-related services to customers.
As a trainee in the Finance department, you will be responsible for day- to-day operations of YTL PowerSeraya’s accounts in payments, receipts and bank reconciliations so as to ensure timely and accurate monthly closing of YTL PowerSeraya’s accounts.
Trainee to be involved in:
1. Processing invoices in accordance to contractual terms and compliance with GST and withholding tax requirements
2. Issuing invoices for sale of gas, steam and water
3. Performing accounting duties in areas covering receipts and payments for YTL PowerSeraya
4. Prepare month-end and year-end closing reports
5. Assist in preparation of quarterly GST submission to IRAS
6. Active participation in continuous improvement of business
Duration: 12 months
Location: 450 Alexandra Road 119960
- Degree in Finance or equivalent
- Time and workload management, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines while handling multiple responsibilities
- Strong IT and numeracy skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Person with initiative, confidence and persistence
- Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident