About World Wide Fund for Nature, Singapore (WWF): To ensure a high performing WWF office with efficient operating systems, professional and skilled staff, and strong financial resources. WWF Singapore’s focus is on delivering corporate responsibility partnerships, individual donor fundraising, major donor fundraising and community engagement for WWF’s priority conservation activities in Singapore and the rest of WWF’s global network.
Responsibilities and Duties
The position will include the following responsibilities and duties:
- Desktop research existing roads and railways in a select number of landscapes in Asia (exact landscapes TBD)
- Use of GIS and remote sensing to identify and analyze impacts, land use, distance to key habitats, protected areas and other aspects as decided
- Develop a short report and presentation that summarizes the identified road and railway projects including associated data
- Liaise with WWF tiger range and snow leopard range country offices on information collected
- Assist as needed with other research
- Produce maps as needed for related projects
- Pursuing a degree in environmental science, computer science, artificial intelligence, land use planning, landscape architecture, geography, geospatial analysis, or related field.
- Able to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent research, writing, analytical and visual communication skills
- Good proficiency of ArcGIS (or similar), Adobe InDesign, GIS, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of CAD design is an added advantage
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.