Since October 2011, Thye Hua Kwan Moral Charities (THKMC) was incorporated as a charity with an IPC status to provide multiple social and welfare services to the community at large.
THKMC provides assistance to the various groups in our community through more than 60 programmes and services for the elderly and the sick, families, persons with disabilities, and children. We help anyone in need with full respect to their race, colour, creed, language, culture and religion. We have more than 90 programmes and services, reaching out to more than 55,000 people in the community.
Together, as ONETHK – Empowering the Community.
Senior Social Worker (Pioneer)
The Senior Social Worker, as an integral part of the EIC Trans-disciplinary team, provides holistic support to the families of our children, drives initiatives in alignment to organization and division strategic goals, and provides clinical and administrative supervision for Social Workers, Social Work Interns and Social Worker Associates in the team.
She / he advocates for child and family- centric practices in our EIC setting and beyond.
This position reports directly to the Head of Social Work.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
As part of THK EIC Services’ Seniors Team
- Champion/support cross-centre workplans and initiatives to meet the organization’s and division’s strategic objectives, and to improve children and family outcomes
- Drive programmes and services to meet intended outcomes, outputs, and KPIs.
- Journey with families from point of referral to discharge, as part of EIC’s trans-disciplinary team
- Ensure positive client experience through the different EIPIC phases – initial screening, enrolment, intervention, transition/ discharge planning
- Provide holistic assessment and intervention together with the team and family to work towards the child’s functional development and the family’s overall improvement in their quality of life
- Support measures include home visits, sharing the family’s concerns and priorities with team, and advocating for the family’s voice
- Administer accurate and timely documentation as per funders’ requirements
- Participate actively in team discussions and case conferences
Caregiver Support and Empowerment
- Provide family-centric social work interventions, including the linking up of families to various community resources and schemes
- Work with the trans-disciplinary team to provide caregiver workshops and support
- Conduct comprehensive needs assessments to better understand family needs, caregiver stress and other concerning situations so as to provide more targeted supportive intervention for the families and ensure child safety
- Liaise with external agencies to support complex family needs
Supervision and mentorship
- Provide individual and group clinical supervision for more junior social workers /case workers and social work associates
- Lead the Social Work team at the centre to work towards the division’s vision and mission, and strategic goals
- Ensure work processes are in alignment to SOPs
- Promote professional growth and development as guided by the SASW’s Code of Ethics
- Pursue practice research to strengthen the division’s evidence-based practices
- Orientate and induct new colleagues in the team
- Minimum Bachelor or Post Graduate Qualifications in Social Work
- Must be a Registered Social Worker with SASW
- At least 6 years of relevant experience with at least 2 years of social work clinical supervision experience
- Experience working with families of children with developmental needs
- Has patience, love, passion and commitment in the education and nurturing of young children and empowering of families
- Able to build and leverage on effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Emotionally mature, respectful, professional, reliable
- Has strong understanding of the diverse cultures and races
- Creative, resourceful, flexible thinker
- Collaborative yet able to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Growth Mindset
Click here (https://youtu.be/LZEqoBOeLTw) to find out what our Teachers have to say!