Since October 2011, Thye Hua Kwan Moral Charities (THKMC) was incorporated as a charity with an IPC status to provide multiple social and welfare services to the community at large.
THKMC provides assistance to the various groups in our community through more than 60 programmes and services for the elderly and the sick, families, persons with disabilities, and children. We help anyone in need with full respect to their race, colour, creed, language, culture and religion. We have more than 90 programmes and services, reaching out to more than 55,000 people in the community.
Together, as ONETHK – Empowering the Community.
- Check and/or raise Purchase Requisitions, weekly payments, monthly staff claims and vendor payments and ensure they are processed timely.
- Preparing/maintaining/reviewing monthly accounts schedules.
- Month end / year end closing activities including journal entries. Perform monthly reconciliations including bank reconciliations and analysis.
- Maintain accurate billing & accounting receivables entries. Ensure collections of outstanding fees from clients. Process customer’s refund (if any).
- Prepare and update Fixed Asset Register with proper documentation such as invoices and align with FA and Depreciation Schedules including Accretion of Capital Grant amortization (if any).
- Assist in the Budget planning and expense controls.
- Support and submit all accounting required accounting receipts, records to HQ Finance and Internal and External Auditors when required as part of compliance controls
- Assist in recording of inventories for Donations-in-kind entries and tally with entries in 365 BC.
- Reconciliation of posted transactions between bank statement and general ledger.
- Prepare reconciliation of Balance Sheet, Donations-in-kind (DIK), funding’s, accounts receivables/payables and GST Input/Output/Absorption to general ledger.
- Prepare various records / schedules for submission to regulatory agencies such as Ministry of Social and Family (MSF), National Council of Social Services (NCSS), SG Enable and any government ministries or agencies.
- Maintain annual insurance schedules with vital information of dates of renewal.
- Participate in finance projects, if any.
- Diploma/ Bachelor Degree with Major in Accountancy
- Minimum 3-5 years of proven working experience
- Sound knowledge of Singapore GST and Financial Reporting Standards (e.g. FRS 116)
- Hands-on with a “can-do” attitude. Ability to multi-task, set priorities and committed towards meeting tight deadlines
- High degree of accuracy with a keen eye for details
- Pro-active, self-driven and possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and committed towards meeting tight deadlines
- Independent as well as a team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- IT savvy and hands-on experience in using Dynamics 365 Business Central and Sage 300 ERP
- Intermediate Excel skills (e.g. VLOOKUP, Pivot Table)
- Available within short notice is advantageous