Fresh Graduates or Career Change?
Join TWC’s Teaching Apprenticeship Programme (TAP™)
for a salaried-route to enter the Teaching Profession
Interview Period: March - June 2022
Dates of TAP™: 4 July - 3 October 2022
The Write Connection (TWC) is an educator of English and English Language Writing skills. The company comprises more than 100 passionate professionals dedicated to one mission: to nurture generations of critical yet compassionate thinkers who will lead meaningful lives. We are committed to delivering a first-class and well-rounded English Enrichment to our students and customers.
TWC’s Teaching Apprenticeship Programme (TAP™)
Our Teaching Apprenticeship Programme (TAP™) offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals with limited or no teaching experience to explore the field of education and to gain hands-on practice and the necessary training to become educational specialists and leaders in teaching English and Writing the TWC Way.
The TAP™ will place successful candidates in our proprietary teacher training programme, plus a 2-year teaching contract in TWC.
In this programme, Apprentice Teachers will receive comprehensive training via workshops conducted by teacher-leaders, designed to train and equip aspiring teachers with the required skills and technical knowledge. Apprentice Teachers will also receive on-the-job training and mentorship from senior teachers to improve their instructional techniques, assessment skills and classroom management skills.
As an Apprentice Teacher, you will:
- Observe and learn from Senior Teachers
- Co-teach with senior teachers and teacher-leaders, and support them in teaching and grading small groups of students
- Teach full classes independently with guidance from mentors
- Develop teaching, instructional and effective communication skills, and learn to discharge a teacher’s duties effectively in:
- Class planning and preparation
- Carrying out TWC’s assessment and marking methods meticulously
- Monitoring and measuring students’ progress
- Developing relationships with students
- Communicating effectively with stakeholders
Applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
- Degree qualified by a reputable university; related fields of Law, Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences and Communications is a plus.
- Excellent academic track record, particularly in English, English Literature and General Paper (GP). Please state your English and GP grades.
- Added advantage if you are familiar with the Singaporean education system and requirements of various examinations.
- Willingness to develop teaching skills and attributes to teach and support students of all learning abilities and grade levels.
- Must be willing to work according to TWC ethos and pedagogy.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Possess high emotional intelligence
- Good communication skills
- Desire to pursue a teaching career in TWC.
- Must be able to work 3 weekdays and both weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
Full-Time Specialist Teacher (Post-Training): $4200 / Month
- *Stipend during the 3-month apprenticeship (4 July - 3 October 2022): $3200 / month
- Successful candidates will be placed on a 3-month Apprenticeship period.
- Upon successful completion and passing of the Apprenticeship period, candidates will embark on their 2-year teaching contract.
- Graduates from the TAP™ programme (includes completion of the 2-year teaching contract) will be converted into full-time TWC teachers.
Interested candidates who wish to apply for the above position, please email us an updated copy of your resume and attach the following information.
- Grade for ‘O’ Level English (and English Literature, if applicable)
- Grade for ‘A’ Level GP (and English Literature, if applicable)
- (If you did not take ‘O’ Level or ‘A’ Level examinations e.g. you studied at an international school or you took the International Baccalaureate (IB), please provide grades of similar subjects.)
We regret that this position is only open to Singapore residents, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
All information collected will be kept in strict confidentiality and used for recruitment purposes only.
Related Company Review:
Related Job Searches:
The Write Connection
English Teacher - Teaching Apprenticeship Programme (TAP™)
Education / Training
Early Childhood Care and Education