Founded in 2017, The Outsiders Co. represents a collective of individuals and partners that possess a unique but dynamic blend of creativity and background narratives, co-creating works that stand out. We are a multi-disciplinary brand consultancy specialising in creative and viable business design solutions for startups and enterprises.
At The Outsiders Co. we believe that inclusivity and diversity form the bedrock for the most innovative ideas, designs and solutions.
They say creatives are misfits, weirdos, eccentrics. It’s true. We’re The Outsiders Co. (TOC) and WE. OWN. IT.
So if being out there is your thing, join us. Our mission is simple - keep doing things that don’t make sense until they see the light.
Imagination is a must, being queer is a plus.
A graphic designer who knows how to step into the shoes of a client, who has a good understanding of business and branding, and who is able to explore and conceptualise design options and solutions effectively. He/She will work either independently or with the project team to conceptualise, develop and present creative solutions based on sound design strategy and the clients’ brief. The role involves design challenges across brand development, corporate identity, print, digital and interactive media, web and mobile, and other user experience design projects developed to suit our clients’ brand activation needs.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
A versatile designer. A strategic thinker. A supportive team player. Someone who understands branding from a business perspective. A professional who communicates excellently both visually and verbally, winning clients over during pitches as well as at delivery. A designer with a strong background in graphic design, communication, design, fine arts, or a related field.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conceptualise and develop creative solutions in collaboration with fellow graphic designers to meet clients’ objective;
- Prepare for design pitches to clients; and
- Design and deliver projects with a clear objective in mind.
People and Team
- Build valuable partnerships internally with colleagues;
- Offer creative suggestions and advice to support a variety of projects;
- Work with the Account Directors to develop and implement design strategies across print and digital materials; and
- Report directly to the Creative Director.
- Interact professionally with clients to understand objectives and identify needs;
- Respond to clients independently and responsibly with the Agency’s core values and beliefs in mind.
THE SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Strong knowledge and understanding of art and design principles;
- Solid skills in design software particularly in Adobe AI, PSD, ID (publication layouts);
- Competent in drawing and illustration; and
- Experience in 3D environments, staging and spatial design; and animation is a plus.
- Efficient time management skills to consistently deliver high quality work, ability to effectively prioritise;
- Strong balance of thought and action;
- Good analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving creative design skills;
- Solid understanding of how brands and businesses work;
- Meets challenges head-on and deals proactively with them to find a solution;
- Has high standards for work and impeccable attention to detail; and
- Team-oriented across all levels and functions.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.