The Food Bank Singapore acquires donated food, much of which would otherwise be wasted, from farms, manufacturers, distributors, retail stores, consumers, and other sources, and make it available to those in need through a network of member beneficiaries.
The Food Bank Singapore was set up by Nichol and Nicholas Ng, a pair of siblings running a food distribution business, FoodXervices Inc Pte Ltd. After observing the food industry for more than a decade, they realized the need for a food bank in Singapore. Founded in January 2012, we were given charity status in August 2012 (Co.Reg No: 201200654E) and IPC status in May 2015.
Our vision is to be the prevailing centralized coordinating organization for all food donations and to play a key role in the reduction of food wastage and ending food insecurity.
- Assist in receiving, sorting, and storing donated food items
- Conduct regular inventory checks and stock-taking
- Assist in packing and distributing food items to partner organizations and beneficiaries
- Ensure food safety and hygiene standards are met
- Maintain a clean and organized warehouse environment
- Assist in the planning and execution of warehouse operations and logistics