The Design Abode is an award-winning environmental design firm that crafts honest environments and creates authentic experiences. Upcoming and on-going projects explore hospitality experiences through live, work, rest & play environments, while bringing meaning through craft, culture & context.
The Design Abode is looking out for a fun, passionate & motivated team-player who is ready for fresh challenges in design innovation. Candidates should be able to udertake production or execution of projects under the guidance of Project Designers or Directors. Candidates should also be able to engage with all parties involved in a project: design team, clients, consultants, contractors & suppliers. Most of all, candidates should be able to enjoy be able to enjoy the rigourous process of seeing design concepts come to life.
- Take instructions from Project Designers and/or Directors
- Communicate effectively with client & team in order to address client's needs
- Prepare presentations with the team for client's review
- Prepare tender drawings & documents with the team for contractors to quote
- Source & procure Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment (FF&E) with the team
- On-going or completed education in Architecture or Interior Design
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketchup & Photoshop
- Strong creative and communication skills
- Passion for thoughtful design
Candidates will be working in a dynamic boutique studio enviroment, where cross-learning & co-creation is valued.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.