About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
2022 – Intern – Client Coverage – Singapore
About CCIB Client Coverage
Our Commercial, Corporate and Institutional Banking Client Coverage (CCIB Client Coverage) team lead the management and development of our Client Relationships globally. The Client Coverage teams work together with our product partners to deliver solutions for our clients. These solutions can cover a wide range of products and services from trade finance to credit derivatives to mergers and acquisitions (M&A). Industry sectors include Financial Institutions, Commercial Real Estate, Consumer Retail/Healthcare/Industrials & Transportation, Technology, Oil & Gas and Chemicals, Metals & Mining, Power & Utilities and Infrastructure, and Clean Tech.
Our clients include large corporations, governments, banks and investors headquartered, operating or investing in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our commercial banking clients represent a large and important portion of the economies we serve and are potential future multinational corporates. Our strong and deep local presence across these markets enables us to facilitate trade, capital and investment flows, in and for our footprint, including across China’s Belt and Road initiative.
A key theme that is increasingly driving our business globally is decarbonisation and energy transition. Our team are taking a leading role in this area, and we’re working with many of our key clients on their transition plans. We’ve allocated $300bn between now and 2030 to support this crucial area.
What does this mean for you? If you’re interested in a banking career, with exciting career opportunities, and want to work with some of the most influential local and global corporates in your geographies, this is the team to get into. You’ll get the opportunity to work with lots of different teams within the CCIB business function and more broadly across the bank. Our Client Coverage team are an essential component of our customer experience, guiding clients through our products and solutions and they work closely with our relationship managers, internal specialist teams and stakeholders throughout. If you really want to become a corporate or investment banker this is the platform to launch your career from.
About the internship programme
Our 10-week Global Internship Programme allows you to work directly on real world problems to hone your skills, create lasting relationships and learn about your strengths. The programme is intended to create a pipeline to our International Graduate Programme and other full-time roles.
What you’ll experience
• A 10-week structured Internship programme, that typically takes place between April - August
• A country induction, formal welcome to the Bank and get to know your peers
• On-the-job learning
• Be paired with a ‘buddy’ from the International Graduate (IG) Programme, to set you up for success and provide insights and guidance about the Bank, your career, and hopefully joining the IG program post- graduation
We’re interested in people with diverse backgrounds and encourage students from all degree disciplines to apply to our programmes.
For our Global Internship Programme, you must
• Be in your in your penultimate (second to last) year of study of your bachelor or post-graduate degree.
• Have the permanent legal right to work in the country you’re applying to, for the full duration of the internship.
• The Bank does not sponsor work permits for Internships.
• For UK and UAE, we accept applications from candidates requiring visa sponsorship, but priority will be given to nationals of the country in question.
• For US, we will consider students in their sophomore or junior year for our summer internship program.
• If you’re required to completed mandatory National or Military service after graduation, we will accept applications from final year students.
• All Interns participating in the Global Internship Programme will be evaluated during the 10th week of their internship.
• Evaluations will be used in our final recruitment decisions for the International Graduate Programme and other full-time roles, with an aim to provide an offer before the internship is completed.
For those with big career ambitions, apply before our December 31st deadline to join Standard Chartered. Visit our early careers page to learn more.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our website. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
Related Company Review:
Type: Investment Banking & Asset Management / Finance
Pros: Good platform. Friendly teammates. No hard selling required. Commission always paid.
Cons: Long working hours. Same culture for all banks you need to be target focus.