Our client has been a proudly Canadian company since 1942. From day one, their roots have been firmly planted in denim. By keeping up with the latest trends throughout the decades, they have consistently offered their customers the latest denim fits, washes and styles, maintaining reputation as one of the top denim retailers in Canada.
- Regional Role
- A role that offers a breadth of learning opportunities
- Join a market leader within Retail
- Opportunity to make a positive impact
You will be responsible for :
- Providing support to the full spectrum of HR functions including talent acquisition, learning and development and compensation and benefits.
- Employee onboarding & offboarding.
- Creating and maintaining employee personnel files and ensuring employee information is up to date in the internal system.
- Application and renewal of work visas.
- Maintaining employee leave and training records.
- Administering medical and other insurance as per Company policy.
- Preparing monthly HR reports for management.
- Managing various aspects of HR Operations including employee documentation, on-boarding and off-boarding, insurance and HR audits.
- Creating, implementing and administering human resources policies and procedures and ensuring that practices are compliant with statutory requirements and guidelines.
- Providing support for recruitment as required, including but not limited to conducting hiring needs analysis, conducting reference checks and employment contracts.
- Supporting employee relations by providing guidelines and clarifications on policies and their application.
- Managing employee benefits and claims administration.
- Working closely with finance and/or outsourced vendors to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll and other claims.
- Developing a portfolio of clients and candidates within your area of focus.
- Managing recruitment assignments from sourcing talent through to successful placements.
- Assisting in salary negotiations and offer management.
- Achieving revenue and activity targets.
- Providing candidates and clients with advice on market trends.
- Other adhoc works such as preparing work certificates etc.
- Managing a team of 1-5 people.
- Defining and leading projects focused on continuous improvement.
- You have at least 1 year experience including solid experience in a similar role within Retail.
- You ideally possess solid experience in Agency Recruiter.
- Strong knowledge of legal and statutory requirements pertaining to HR practices.
- You have solid experience in a regional role ideally including experience covering Southeast Asia.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact and build credibility across all levels of the organisation.
- You pay strong attention to detail and deliver work that is of a high standard
- You are a strong team player who can manage multiple stakeholders
- You are adaptable and thrive in changing environments