The Singapore Red Cross Society is part of a world-wide, non-political, non-religious movement that commits its work on the fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
As an independent humanitarian organisation, we raise our own funds in serving humanity and in furthering the work of the Red Cross locally and internationally.
We are dedicated to protecting human life and dignity, reliving human suffering and responding to emergencies.
We are looking for exceptional individuals who share our vision of Serving Humanity and Saving Lives.
- Support the administration and operations of Family LifeAid and ElderAid.
- Family LifeAid: Aims to give underprivileged families a leg-up in life through provision of food assistance for the family as a whole, as well as enrichment and education opportunities for children between 4 - 12 years old
- ElderAid: A befriending and wellness programme that reduces elderly vulnerability and enhances resilience to achieve a community ageing-in-place, through regular home visits and meaningful social outings for seniors 60 years old and above
- Attend to general enquiries pertaining to the services of CRD/SRC
- Assist with volunteer recruitment and management
- Attend home visits whenever necessary primarily in Yishun, Tampines and Sengkang
- Assist with the weekly Thursday evening Young Hearts @ Nee Soon East programme
- Ensure that proper administrative work is carried out
3. Other duties
- Assist and support other CRD/SRC programmes/events/activities
- Participate actively in training and team meetings
- Undertake any other duties as assigned
- Singaporeans and PRs only - we are looking for a candidate who is able to speak a local language and/or dialect especially Malay
5. Additional Skills and Knowledge
- Computer literate, especially with Google Sheets/Microsoft Excel
Self-motivated and able to complete tasks independently on time
Enjoys working with volunteers
Willingness to work on beyond office hours if required