Founded in the early 1920’s and started off as a company known for precision engineering. With years of hard work and devotion towards research and development, Shimano is regarded as one of the forerunners in product innovation and a leader in the industry.
Shimano (Singapore) Pte Ltd
Appointed as Regional Head Quarter to oversees 13 subsidaires in the S.E.A region. Shimano has grown into a full-fledged manufacturing plant with R&D, product design and engineering, cold forging , stamping, heat treatment, electro-plating and tooling fabrication capabilities.
Product Engineer (Product Assurance Development)
We are currently looking for a product engineer who has strong technical knowledge and problem solving skills to manage full product line lifecycle.
1.) Project management – Initiate/Plan/Monitor/Control/Close
• Manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
• Develop process flows for individual parts, provide coordination and follow-up support for new ideas/ methodologies of production
• Prepares samples for sales, trial assemblies and process trials
• Develops assembly process flows with process control points
• Assembles and evaluates trial assembly samples to confirm specifications, quality and product functions
2.) Procurement knowledge – Negotiation/Sourcing/Risk Management/Cost Reduction
• Changing cost baseline through process and material change, as well as localization where handling of tooling transfer to First Article approval and mass production stability
• Updates product costing periodically
• Prepare and improve product costing
3. Commodity/Supplier management – Spend Analysis/Management
• Conduct periodic negotiation with supplier
• Sourcing for competitive supplier
• Propose tooling/supplier allocation for production
• Diploma / Degree in Mechanical / Manufacturing / Mechatronics Engineering
• At least 2 years of relevant experience, prefer with contract manufacturing background
• Understanding of manufacturing processes i.e casting, stamping, injection molding etc
• Possess excellent problem-solving, project management and communication skills
• Basic financial knowledge & Statistical knowledge
• Willing to travel overseas within short notice
• Proactive & independent
• Candidates with no working experience are welcome to apply, on-job-training provided
• Working Location: Joo Koon
• Working hours: Mondays - Fridays 8am-5:30pm
• Uniform & Lunch provided
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.