SELF is a non-profit, ground-up initiative that seeks to empower low-income women through tech & innovation.
A society where every woman is economically-empowered to lead fulfilling lives.
To empower women to be sustainably employed through technology and innovation.
Why SELF started
We believe that empowerment starts from the individual. As a smart, resourceful, and self-sufficient individual, our woman finds her inner strength to give to a larger community. SELF started as an acronym for Sustaining Employability of Low-income women and Families. We aspire to enable women to have a stable and secure job that would allow their families and themselves to thrive.
For more info, visit https://self-sg.webflow.io/
NOTE: Only applicants from local universities will be reviewed.
This role will be part of the Branding and Marketing team.
As we scale our impact this year, we will be reaching out to partners, volunteers and the wider community to share about what we do. We need your help to raise awareness on the importance of our work and cause.
- Be the voice of us on our social platforms! Current social platforms are LinkedIn and Website; future social platforms will include FB and IG (TBC).
- Build awareness on what we do by creating campaigns, including volunteer recruitment posts and product launches.
- Create campaigns for beneficiary outreach / engagement when we launch our products. We are aiming for our Resource Portal launch in July.
- Engage online communities & respond to online requests.
- (PLUS) A heart to listen to our beneficiaries. (You might speak to them to feature them on our social platforms.)
- (PLUS) Experience in designing marketing collaterals and writing engagement content, including blog posts.
- Marketing Analytics - Drive beneficiary engagement through improving our social media content.
- SELF Rebranding - Be part of giving SELF a strong and trusted identity for our beneficiaries. You can get a chance to be involved in interviews with SELF team members, beneficiaries, social workers and other partners.
- Website Revamp - Redesign our website based on our new brand. You get to create content to improve the SEO so that more beneficiaries know about us and benefit from what we do.
- Partnerships Support - Design collaterals for partnership outreach, such as partnership slide decks, write-ups and posters. You can also get a chance to hone your communication and presentation skills whilst speaking to partner organizations and other stakeholders.
You will be working remotely and independently. We do, however, have a co-working space which you can go from time-to-time to meet your fellow interns. Our whole team is made of volunteers (who are not paid). As we hold our full-time commitments (study/work), you will be working mostly on your own during the day. Our timings are flexible, and you are free to commit to other passion projects. All we ask for is at least 30 hours per week, and to make time for internal meetings and beneficiary interviews which might be held during weekday evenings or weekends, depending on team/beneficiary availability.
You can be assured that you will be given adequate mentorship from very experienced individuals! We are also a fun and young team - all of us doing this out of passion. You will be given the opportunity to support other teams/functions as well. We hope that you will grow with us while doing something impactful.
As we are a non-profit, we are unable to pay you a high remuneration. You will gain lots of meaningful experiences though.
Please submit a write-up (max 100 words per prompt) on the following questions:
What interests you to join our cause?
What are your personal life aspirations?
What do you hope to gain out of the internship?
Applications without the write-up will not be reviewed.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.