With innovation as our DNA, you will be part of the dynamic Schroders team to champion pioneering work here in Asia. Every year, we take on a select group of interns for our summer internships. You will be given valuable work experiences and real responsibilities in projects, plus a potential launch pad into our graduate programme. We look for passionate, innovative people who strives for excellence and goes the extra mile to make an impact, are you up to the challenge?
For more information on our Internship Programme and application process, go to www.schroders.com.sg/graduates
Overview of Role
We are looking for analytical and innovative interns to join our Operations division in Singapore.
You may be placed with any of the operational teams such as Operations Change, Data Services, Trade Operations, Cash Operations, Asset Servicing, Reconciliation, Operations Onboarding, Reporting, Performance, etc.
- Collaborate and engage multiple internal and external stakeholders, such as Investment, Product, Distribution, Dealing, Trading Support, Brokers/Counterparties, Custodians, etc, subject to the team, which you may be placed.
- Gain exposure to different cultures, through engaging stakeholders in different geographical locations, whether regional or globally such as Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, or London, etc.
- Develop markets and business knowledge across various portfolio structures, instruments, markets, benchmarks, sectors or industries through daily activities.
- Acquire ability to multi-task, while ensuring accuracy under dynamic and fast pace environment.
- Obtain better understanding of nature of asset management business, infrastructure, challenges, operating model and business workflows.
- Highly motivated individual who has a genuine interest in the financial services industry and is able to operate under fast pace environment.
- Produces exceptional quality of work demonstrating precision and structure.
- Works well in a team to achieve group goals and can perform independently on individual assignments.
- Strong analytical skills. Capable of applying intelligent, insightful and practical judgement to the area of work.
- Strong communication skills. Able to articulate and engage stakeholders of all levels.
- Past experiences collaborating outside the classroom are viewed favourably, eg volunteer work, key role in team sports, business partners, etc.
- Computer skills - proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to build strong relationships and facilitate conversations across differing levels and types of stakeholders
- Online application form and CV
- Online assessment tests
- Online video interview
- Assessment centre
- Final Interview
The 2020 Summer Internship Programme runs between May to July 2019, exact dates will depend on the calendar of individual universities. You should be in your penultimate year of studies.
We recruit on a rolling basis so please put your applications in early.