What if kids are intrinsically motivated to learn?
At Saturday Kids, students don't just learn to code. They code to learn. We cannot teach kids everything there is to know. But what we can do is bring out the curiosity in kids, encourage them to look at problems and think "I can figure this out myself". Saturday Kids learn how to learn
Since 2012, we have taught over 3,000 students how to learn through classes in programming, electronics, digital art and design thinking. Our mission is to use digital literacy classes to transform kids into self-motivated learners who are curious, inventive & resourceful.
We are looking for a committed Instructor to join our crazy, fun and quirky family!
As an instructor, you will help deliver digital literacy courses and workshops that transform kids into self-motivated learners who are curious, inventive and resourceful.
The ideal candidate will be passionate for the job with an ability to reach out to students and create a relationship of mutual trust. They will know how to organize a class and make learning an easy and meaningful process.
The goal is to help cultivate the students’ interest in programming and be their dedicated ally in the entire process of learning and development.
If you are interested in anything related to education, technology, and programming, then we want to hear from you!
What You Will Learn
Were you bored out of your mind when you were in school? Ever felt you could do a better job than the teacher you had?
If you have a passion and love for anything education and technology related, then you're at the right place! At Saturday Kids, we make sure that our instructors enjoy learning and having fun as much as our students in our classes.
Some things you will learn:
- Classroom management techniques
- Student engagement techniques
- Our Pedagogical Approach
- How to work with kids of varying ages
- Apply your coding skills
- Build up teaching experience as a coding instructor
- Presentation Skills
Besides having fun and having an interest in kids and technology, here are what we expect from you:
- Be familiar with the lesson plan
- Ensure that the classroom is tidy and orderly
- Collaborate with other instructors, parents and the team
- Observe and understand students’ behaviour and psyche
- Conduct the class in a way that is fun, engaging and relevant to the students
- Provide individualised instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning
- Develop and enrich professional skills and knowledge by attending the scheduled trainings
We look for these attributes and skills in the instructors we work with but you don’t need to know everything as training will be provided for you.
The most important requirement is a passion for kids and education.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Well-organized and committed
- Good temperament, friendly and cheerful disposition
- Enjoys working with young children
- Passion in teaching, especially young children ages 5 and above. (E.g. Home tutor, subject clinics, peer tutoring.)
- Have a strong interest in programming and/or STEM-related fields
- Ability to learn independently and quickly fill knowledge gaps, especially with regards to new technologies and platforms
- Familiar with any of the following:
- C / C++
- Electrical Engineering
- Experience tinkering with microprocessors, micro-controllers, PCBs
- Educational qualifications in Early Childhood or anything similar
- Prior experience as a Robotics and/or STEM instructor
Note: If you are interested to work with us, but are unsure if you fulfil the technical requirements, just fill in the form indicated below and we will review your application as our courses for the younger age groups require a lower level of technical knowledge and expertise
We look forward to seeing and welcoming you!