Portcast’s mission is to help logistics companies be more profitable and realise the value of logistics data. We use machine learning models and artificial intelligence to develop game-changing cargo predictability solutions for the logistics industry, starting with shipping.
We are a venture-backed technology startup, backed by Wavemaker, SGInnovate and Entrepreneur First, amongst other investors. We’re also part of the Pier 71 program launched by NUS Enterprise and Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA). We have plenty of runway to do things the right way. You’ll have the opportunity to work with an interdisciplinary and multicultural team without any corporate barriers and see your creation making real world impacts.
In this role, you will responsible for analysing time series data for live customer projects / Portcast product supporting some of the largest players in the maritime and logistics space. You'll be working on a dedicated data science workstream including understanding business needs, collecting and engineering data, building machine learning models, validating results and working with the product team to deploy the models.
- Understand the data requirements and provide data visualisations, analysis and insights
- Be able to spot patterns and trends in data and propose solutions to respond to such trends
- Demonstrated record of doing programmatic data analytics with Python
- Experience with diverse modelling techniques (supervised and unsupervised learning) and developing data visualisations for data stories
- Demonstrated ability and aptitude to learn new things and contribute ideas
- Experience with SciPy stack and Keras in a plus