Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and specialist agencies in areas including public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research. As a talent-centric workplace, we recognize that we’re only as good as our people. And our people are outstanding. Every day, we strive to attract, retain and grow the very best talent in the industry, and bring their passion, creativity and smarts to bear for our clients.
Internships are paid learning opportunities designed for students (with or without prior internship experience) who are at the starting point of their communications careers. These programs typically run for six months, and offer participants a unique opportunity to experience working in a communications agency, with real client work starting from the first week. Participants are paired with senior team members to learn all aspects of public relations, and work on live client projects by assisting with media monitoring, research and analysis as well as tasked with creating work products such as draft press releases, presentations and assisting the senior teams with event management. Many of our current staff have gone through the intern/trainee programs and were later hired as full-time employees. These programs are a great way for you to gain hands-on experience in public relations, whether you have decided on public relations as a career choice, or are still exploring your chosen discipline within communications. Omnicom Public Relations Group is proud to be a part of an international network which emphasizes a strong coaching and collaboration culture. In line with this, we have specific training modules tailored just for interns at both the local and regional level – using both classroom style and distance/webinar learning.
Selected candidates will get to learn and be exposed to the full gamut of public relations functions including:
- Creating PowerPoint presentations for clients
- Media relations
- Drafting press releases
- Assisting with press events
- Entry Level candidates or final year students with a Degree in Communications or Journalism; Business; or other degrees considered which require solid business acumen and writing skills. (All ages are welcome to apply)
- Strong writing skills are fundamental to a communications role; applicants must be able to demonstrate solid writing skills
- A basic understanding of the media and the Singapore media landscape
- Basic business acumen; knowledge of current news at both a local and global level
- Basic organization skills; participants may take projects from multiple leaders
- Team player who is committed and enthusiastic; open to feedback and coaching
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to commit to at least three (3) months of internship, although six (6) is preferred to receive the full benefit of these programs