Neuron is the leading shared micromobility operator in Australia and New Zealand and the company has also expanded into the United Kingdom, South Korea and more recently Canada. We partner with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. We are driven to help the world build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron launched the world's first docked e-scooter in Singapore in 2016 and the first shared e-scooter programme in 2017. We develop our own industry-leading e-scooters, which are purpose built for sharing and safety. We also set the industry standard for technology that manages them. Neuron has launched an impressive range of world firsts, particularly when it comes to safety. We currently operate in nine cities across ANZ, three in the United Kingdom, three in South Korea and most recently have successfully launched in four cities in Canada.
Neuron’s Legal Internship opportunity provides law students or recent graduates an opportunity to work with Neuron’s in-house team in a rapidly evolving environment on a range of exciting legal and regulatory issues.
Reporting to our Group General Counsel in Singapore, the Legal Intern will assist Neuron’s inhouse Legal team to support Neuron’s operations across Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Korea, Canada and beyond. You will have the opportunity to work on substantive projects, work with colleagues in different geographies, and get a taste of in-house life.
What You’ll Do
- Support and learn from our highly experienced Legal team on a range of legal matters with opportunities for exposure to other Neuron teams like Trust & Safety, Product, Data, Engineering and Operations.
- Perform substantive legal research relating to data privacy, consumer protection, corporate law, local transport legislation, and other issues specific to micromobility.
- Support regulatory compliance and reporting to regulators in our operational markets
- Support the assessment of privacy issues and data requests in our operational markets
- Create, revise and review basic contracts and templates, with supervision.
- Assist with special projects and initiatives.
- Support the development of company-wide legal and compliance policies, procedures and training.
What You'll Need
- Law degree (graduated or current student) from an accredited law school.
- Availability for a 3 month internship period (or more ideally)
- An interest in some or all of the following areas: technology, corporate and commercial, data privacy, consumer protection, insurance and compliance.
- An adaptable and detail oriented work ethic and strong organisational skills, with an ability to handle different work streams under time constraints.
- Ability to multitask, be agile and keep up with a dynamic and high-growth start-up.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Make It Happen
Drive to deliver results with the highest impact and be committed to follow through. Continuously optimise through collaboration to achieve the best collective outcomes.
Take active steps and be the driver to improve things, for yourself, your team and the cities we serve. Relish the chance if this leads you outside your normal scope.
Trust Facts Over Opinions
Decisions should be evidence-based. Assess situations fairly, using reason and logic rather than unverified opinions wherever possible.
Ask questions, challenge assumptions, learn from mistakes and be ready to leave behind what you thought you knew before.
Do More With Less
Both time and resources are finite. Balance your priorities and think strategically about how you can maximise your impact and the return on investment of your resources.
If you are passionate about making a real-time impact and want the opportunity to play an instrumental part in our growth story, we want you riding for our team!