The National Volunteer & Philanthropy Centre (NVPC) is the steward of the City of Good vision for Singapore, where individuals, organisations, and leaders come together to give their best for others. Through our brands, programmes, and initiatives, we facilitate partnerships with non-profits, organisations, public sector bodies, and individuals to enliven the giving ecosystem within Singapore.
What we do:
- Research: We learn about giving motivations and behaviours
- Activation: We activate giving such as through national giving campaigns
- Connect and Convene: We connect and convene networks and build communities
- Honour and Recognition: We honour and recognise giving champions in Singapore
- Advocacy: We curate and celebrate stories about giving to inspire action
We invite you to join us in building a #CityofGood together. Visit us at www.cityofgood.sg
The Centre for Non-Profit Leadership (CNPL) transforms the non-profit sector through effective, committed and passionate leaders. We nurture leadership capability through our integrated solutions of sourcing, developing, and aligning – serving non-profit leaders in Singapore with our signature programs of BoardMatch, COMPass, and Pulse Check.
Board Advisory Services
The complimentary board advisory clinics, in partnership with Charities Unit, aim to help charities and non-profit organisations strengthen their organisational effectiveness and governance.
Board Match is CNPL’s flagship programme to bring diversity and rejuvenation to Boards of non-profit organisations. It matches senior executives with at least five years of management and leadership experiences from both the public and private sectors to the Boards of non-profit organisations.
BoardPulse is a self-assessment diagnostic tool for Non-profit Boards to further strengthen their leadership capability and capacity. It provides insights for Boards to reflect upon their developmental next steps to enhancing overall effectiveness and efficiency.
Board Chair Forum
Specially curated sessions for Board Members to network and share on pressing / emergent / sensitive issues surrounding Boards of Charities. These forums are organised with Professional Consulting Firms, in collaboration with Singapore Institute of Directors and National Council of Social Services.
Board Connect Forums Specially curated sessions where hot topics are being delivered via a panel of experts (professionals in that specific topic) and practitioners (current Board members or Executive Directors equivalent) in a panel setting. This is where participants will be able to ask pressing questions in an interactive and engaging style. The sessions are organised in collaboration with Charities Unit/Sector Administrators/Professional Consulting Firms.
Board Connect Workshops
Short 3-hour type “hands-on” workshops specially designed for Board members and Senior Management Team members to gain deeper insights into very specific topics. During these workshops, CNPL’s facilitators would typically share the theories, backgrounds, methodologies and templates, such that participants will be able to apply them when they return back to their Charities/Institution of Public Character/Non-Profit Organisations. The workshops are organised in collaboration with Professional Services Firms/Sector Administrators.
An alumni network comprising of members that co-create solutions and catalyse change for the benefit of others. These members are made up of participants from the ACE Leadership Capstone Programme for Non-Profit Organisations, Social Leadership Singapore Programme, and ToteBoard Overseas Scholarship Programme.
S.T.A.R. Mentorship Programme
This is a complimentary programme supported under the Tote Board’s Non-Profit Sector Transformation Initiative (TB-NTI). It aims to provide a platform for experience Non-Profit Leaders to share their knowledge and expertise with new Non-Profit Leaders. By pairing each Mentor to a Mentee, we hope to provide our Mentees with the additional support they need to take their respective organisations to even greater heights.
Provide operational and administrative support to the CNPL team in:
- Organising of events/workshops/seminars/talks (pre & post)
- Setting up of stakeholder meetings
- Setting up of online surveys for selected programmes & initiatives
- Project scoping (for OD-type interventions)
- Research through data collection and analysis
- Preparation of diagnostic report(s) using Qualtrics
- Presentation of findings and analysis
- Any other work duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
- Diploma and/or Degree in any discipline
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Familiar with online survey tool and reporting (Preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Able to adapt and cope in a fast pace, challenging work hours and environment
- Strong passion for building professional working relationships