The National Volunteer & Philanthropy Centre (NVPC) is the steward of the City of Good vision for Singapore, where individuals, organisations, and leaders come together to give their best for others. Through our brands, programmes, and initiatives, we facilitate partnerships with non-profits, organisations, public sector bodies, and individuals to enliven the giving ecosystem within Singapore.
What we do:
- Research: We learn about giving motivations and behaviours
- Activation: We activate giving such as through national giving campaigns
- Connect and Convene: We connect and convene networks and build communities
- Honour and Recognition: We honour and recognise giving champions in Singapore
- Advocacy: We curate and celebrate stories about giving to inspire action
We invite you to join us in building a #CityofGood together. Visit us at www.cityofgood.sg
For this specific internship, the role of the team is to design and implement the partnership approach between the National Day Parade (NDP) and NVPC.
The key desired outcome is to seed the City of Good narrative and enable People, Organisations and Leaders to celebrate National Day by doing good.
This initiative is a collaboration between NDP and NVPC. It was launched in 2018 and the idea was to enable Singaporeans to celebrate the nation's birthday by giving back and caring for others in the community. This initiative is also NVPC’s contribution to NDP’s wider community engagement efforts and was a result of one of the Action Projects from the Company of Good Fellowship programme. For every edition, the initiative will explore opportunities for organisations to come onboard and design an activity that could involve volunteering, fundraising or collaborating with other organisations to do good.
To provide support to the team in the following areas:
- Develop the concept and plan for the partnership initiative.
- Engage with NDP representatives to pitch the partnership initiative.
- Work with internal teams to prepare the target list of participating organisations.
- Work with the marketing team to develop materials required to support the internal and external outreach and marketing efforts (e.g EDMs, email templates, websites, social media posts etc).
- Design and implement the onboarding process for the participating organisations.
- Achieve the targeted number of participating organisations.
- Serve as the point-of-contact for the participating organisations and monitor the progress of their initiatives.
- Cross-market relevant NVPC initiatives where appropriate.
- Prepare and present the post-initiative report to management, with learning points to be considered for future editions.
- Support other NVPC events in a similar capacity as required.
- Project management skills
- Stakeholder engagement – Internal and external communications
- Basic programme design for partnerships/collaboration
- Keen interest in working with Non-Profit Organisations
- Interest in Project or Event management / Programme design
- Have some ‘Marketing Communications’ background / Interest in Marketing or Marketing Communications
- Strong written and verbal proficiency in English
- Good interpersonal skills