- Movel AI
- Autonomous Navigation Research Engineer
- Date Listed
- 02 Oct 2017
- Job Type
- Full-time / Permanent, Internship / Contract, Part-time / Temporary ( Entry Level / Junior Executive, Experienced / Senior Executive )
- Job Period
- Flexible Start - Jan 2018
Block 71, Ayer Rajah Crescent
- Allowance /
- $3,600 - 7,000 monthly
- Engineering, Information Technology, Sciences / Laboratory / R&D
- Information and Communications Technology, Others
- Company Profile
Movel AI is a deep technology startup building world leading solutions for robot and self driving car navigation. Our solution is based on advanced computer vision and sensor fusion. We enable robot and self driving car to run at many places that not possible before, including huge airport, crowded shopping mall, and highly dynamic factories.
- Job Description
The research engineer has deep specialized knowledge in either computer vision or robotics. He/she will work closely with product engineers to understand real world challenges in robot navigation, devise valuable research questions, and conduct in-depth research to answer these questions. He/she will implement research prototypes for testing and evaluation at customer’s environment.
- Work with product team to identify valuable research question.
- Develop proprietary SLAM, navigation, and robot control technology.
- Implement research prototypes for evaluation and testing.
- Become the go-to expert in latest outdoor robot navigation and self-driving car research.
- Evangelize in-house technology to customers and product stakeholders.
- Work with product team on research aspects of product.
- Master degree in Computer Science or Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Proven track record of research (>3 years experience in industry labs or >3 publications at reputable venues)
- Deep understanding of computer vision, machine learning, and optimization.
- Excellent technical communication skill.
- PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineer with specialization in robotics
- >5 years experience in industry labs
- Expert level understanding of SLAM or structure-from-motion technology