A global company with a distinctively French identity, Motul remains true to its roots while looking towards the future.
1966 was the hallmark year in Motul’s pursuit of invention with the Century 2100 creation, the inaugural semi synthetic oil, hailed by the whole automotive sphere as the industry’s next catalyst to high performance. Inspired by Motul’s 300 victories in competition and enabled by this semi synthetic technology predecessor, the 300V was then born in 1971, becoming the very first fully synthetic oil on the worldwide market. Using today’s technology, 300V is considered as the reference in motorsports.
Today, Motul continues to power forward its automotive and industrial competences. The company’s expertise is thus present throughout the most important stages of creation of an engine: from the very first moment when a complex component is casted in a casting machine, to the moment it is drilled and processed in a sophisticated computer controlled machine tool. MotulTech addresses specific industrial constraints with high proficiency and innovative solutions. In the automotive industry that specific complex component is assembled into a state-of-the-art engine and subsequently installed into its final home in a vehicle. Engines are then filled with the best of Motul, inspired by the 300V essence tested in the most demanding laboratories that exist - race tracks.
From its headquarters just outside of Paris, and outposts in all corners of the globe, Motul employs the same ideology everywhere: passion for ingenuity. This passion, which unites lovers of engineering to their machinery is the same passion that unites Motul’s People. Continuously crafting new solutions, ingenuity is at the heart of Motul’s culture.
Reporting to the Head of Product, this role is based in Singapore and responsible for planning as well as enabling the Product team to support day-to-day operations. The role requires an individual who is passionate, proactive and analytical.
Area of Responsibility
- Participate in the full cycle of New Product development and Introduction activities and adopt different approaches to achieve Operational Excellence
- Be part of the task force to improve our Data / Material Management System via various measures including the validation of data integrity, usability, operational efficiency as well as inter-module integration
- Compile insightful tactical analysis to tackle the potential risks and communicate to the team accordingly
- Refine and optimize the current Excel models utilized for tracking and reporting in order to boost the efficiency of New Product Introduction (NPI) related tasks
- Be involved in the New Production Introduction cycle, from concept to development stage
- Work collaboratively with product team on data structure projects
- Prepare Product code registration for new product development and maintenance of existing product master data file
- Document Product Management Planning procedures and practices
- Utilize Data Management Tools for complex data analysis
Education and Skills Required
- Good academic exposure to Automotive, Chemical, Industrial Engineering, Operational Research, Data Science or related fields
- Possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Good interpersonal, communication skills as well as leadership qualities
- Good stakeholder and change management skills
- Proficient in using Excel, PowerPoint and Word