Make The Change (MTC) is an award-winning Social Enterprise that is an integrated creative agency that provides digital marketing, advertising, and design services for corporates and NGOs.
MTC is active in the community and conducts creative and social innovation learning and programs for youth, persons with disabilities, and public education. Our signature programme Social Entrepreneurship 101 has helped new social entrepreneurs to start their enterprise.
The entire team is certified as Apple Teachers.
In recent years, they have been training and providing consultations to their corporate clients to develop their CSR strategy with hands-on capacity building workshops and events.
Make The Change is now a B Corporation, this certification assures that all our programs meet the highest standards of social and environmental impact.
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to create an impact on a group of young adults through teaching? As a freelance trainer, you will have the opportunity to inspire and conduct educational programmes for primary and/or secondary school students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Trainer
- Help them understand key concepts, especially those learned in the programme, to ensure that the students progress through the program
- Provide students with positive and constructive feedback
- Building meaningful connections with students from diverse backgrounds
- Recognising different learning styles and student preferences to customise the lesson accordingly
- Work closely with school teachers to maintain good working relationships.
- Submit reports occasionally to document the student's progress and performance.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Possess at least a diploma or A Level certificate
- Proficient in Apple native applications (eg. Keynote, Numbers, Pages) to conduct training presentations are an advantage but not necessary
- Knowledge in areas such as Social Entrepreneurship, Digital Marketing, Digital Storytelling, Digital Drawing, etc is advantageous but not necessary
- Prior experience as a trainer, teacher, instructor, or facilitator is advantageous but not necessary
- Must have good problem-solving, decision-making, and classroom management skills, along to manage a class
- Must be flexible, highly adaptable, and able to work in a fast-paced environment Must be comfortable with public speaking to a class of at least 30 students
- Must have the ability to engage students in discussions during sessions
- Must be proactive and have strong interpersonal skills
- Educational programmes are usually conducted on Weekdays afternoon during school terms, and on Weekdays morning during school vacation breaks.
- All content materials and training will be provided before the trainer is assigned a programme.
- The trainer is expected to commit for the entire duration of the schedule that is agreed on.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, via email.