- Life Inc.
- Financial Planning Intern
- Date Listed
- 08 Mar 2019
- Job Type
- Internship / Contract ( Entry Level / Junior Executive )
- Job Period
- From 13 May 2019 - 19 Jul 2019
3 Pickering Street
- Allowance /
- $1,500 - 2,300 (project based)
- Banking / Finance
- Company Profile
Life Inc is a group of financial planners representing The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited.
Our vision: "To incorporate life into financial planning, and financial planning into the lives of people"
As part of a young and dynamic team, we are driven to be the best person we can be to those we care about. We are here to empower our clients and associates with the resources to fulfill their dreams and intentions. Financial resources deployed intelligently in the context of our clients' lives can make all the difference. Lifestyles can be preserved, goals can be achieved, intentions can be fulfilled. We are in the business of changing lives for the better, one person, one family at a time.
About our Principal – The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited
Founded in 1908, Great Eastern is the oldest and most established life insurance group in Singapore and Malaysia. With over S$60 billion in assets and around 4.7 million policyholders, we have three successful distribution channels - a tied agency force, bancassurance, and a financial advisory firm, Great Eastern Financial Advisers.
The Group also operates in Indonesia and Brunei and has a presence in China as well as a representative office in Myanmar. We were named Life Insurance Company of the Year at the Asia Insurance Industry Awards in 2011 and 2013, by Asia Insurance Review.
Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited has been assigned the financial strength and counterparty credit ratings of 'AA-' by Standard & Poor's since 2010, one of the highest among Asian life insurance companies.
Great Eastern's asset management subsidiary, Lion Global Investors Limited, is one of the largest private sector asset management companies in Southeast Asia.
Great Eastern is a subsidiary of OCBC Bank, the second largest financial services group in Southeast Asia by assets. It is one of the world's most highly-rated banks, with an 'Aa1' rating from Moody's. Recognised for its financial strength and stability, OCBC Bank has been ranked Asean’s strongest bank and among the world’s five strongest banks by Bloomberg Markets for five consecutive years since the ranking’s inception in 2011.
- Job Description
Date: 13th May - 19th July 2019
Singapore Citizens & PRs only,
Age 21 and above,
Min. "A" Levels or Diploma Qualification
This is an opportunity for undergraduates or recent graduates to understand the role of being a Financial Planner in the financial services industry.
We will walk you through the daily activities of a financial planner; valuable experience that you just cannot get in the classroom.
Areas of Study:
- Wealth Management – Retirement, Wealth Expansion/Preservation
- Financial Portfolio Construction and Design
- Professional Communication
- Product and Market Knowledge
- Background of Financial Services Industry
- Client Acquisition
- 3 day 2 nights overseas camp
- CMFAS Certifications
- Workshops (Financial Advisory)
- Workshops (Personal Development)
- Team-based Challenges
- Cross-Varsity Interaction
- Experiential Learning (Practicals)
- Follow senior financial planners to client meetings
- An insider opportunity to decide if this is the right career for you
- Intern fee of $1,500. Subject to terms and conditions
- Exemplary interns will be invited to join us and be offered an attractive pay package
- Broadened Social/Career Network
- Selected top interns will enjoy a trip to New York, USA, in 2020
Please apply for this position by submitting your text CV using InternSG.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.