Join KrASIA, a fast-growing digital media company reporting on the most promising technology-driven businesses and you will gain exposure to trends in the world’s emerging markets!
Community Content Transcriber (Part-time)
We're looking for someone who is enthusiastic, communicative, and meticulous. Since our team runs through various interviews per week, we need another pair of hands to help us translate content from Chinese to English on a day-to-day basis. You'll work with journalists based around the world, as well as a diverse team here in Singapore.
Reports to: Community Lead
- Can write, transcribe, and edit in a timely manner
- Someone proactive, not reactive; someone who can roll up their sleeves and get to work
- A reliable and communicative colleague - the community team works closely to ensure processes are streamlined
- Someone who doesn't get bored easily, and understands transcription is a core function of our team
- A must: strong command of English and Mandarin (Simplified Chinese)
- Demonstrate strong interests and curiosity in the tech industry
- Comfortable translating or writing quickly and accurately for same-day publication
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Th 10-15 hours per week on set days (Part-time)
- 5-6 pieces must be translated every week, depending on length.
Who we’re looking for:
- We value team members with good communication skills, who are diligent and are team players focused on building long-term value. As an ambitious team, we hope successful applicants can see themselves invested in our mission.
Check us out: www.kr-asia.com | www.oasis.kr-asia.com
Related Company Review:
Pros: - Wonderful place to work. The culture is the best and by far the most flexible I’ve ever worked for. Everyone is willing to help, despite their title or roles and will take time out of their day to dedicate to helping you if needed.
Cons: “Leaders are often the ones who work not only the smartest, but also the hardest”. If you’re not hungry enough for growth or lack of initiative, the company is not ready for you.