NTUC Enterprise is the holding entity and single largest shareholder of the NTUC Social Enterprises. NTUC Enterprise aims to create a greater social force to do good by harnessing the capabilities of the social enterprises to meet pressing social needs in areas like health and eldercare, childcare, daily essentials, cooked food and financial services. Serving over two million customers, NTUC Enterprise wants to enable and empower all in Singapore to live better and more meaningful lives.
Kopitiam, a household name in the F&B sector is the latest addition to our family of NTUC Social Enterprises.
With Singapore's hawker culture added to Unesco list of intangible cultural heritage, NTUCEnterprise would like to support the continuation and growth of the hawker trade, leveraging on our portfolio of services in the NTUC Social Enterprises, particularly in the FairpriceGroup where we have the scale in Food Services and Groceries.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to conceptualise, develop, and operationalize a program to encourage Singaporeans to become an entrepreneur in the hawker trade.
You will drive the launch and execution of the initiative to encourage new entrants to thefood industry to encourage them to become Food entrepreneurs. (“Foodpreneurs”). You will also help to support successful Foodpreneurs scale up their trade whether via expansion of online and offline outlets or increasing the range of menus and brands.
You will have to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders to gain support for the success of the program as well as drive publicity and awareness for the program, including management of media relations.
The goal of the program is to make the Foodpreneurs successful, reinvent and bring greater efficiency and sustainability, so that the business can scale and be more productive to attract more to join.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Design, coordinate and project-manage launch of the Foodpreneur Initiative and each of its constituent initiatives
2. Design and operationalise training and incubation support programs for new Foodpreneurs
3. Design and operationalise a capability transfer program to transfer knowledge from older ‘master’ Foodpreneurs to new entrants into the industry
4. Manage overall business case, resourcing, timeline and budget
5. Manage legal agreements and contracts between entities
6. Manage a diverse group of stakeholders, including senior management, NTUC socialenterprises, labour unions, government agencies, funding agencies, F&B partners,academic partners and commercial partners - across a variety of areas
7. Coordinate wide range of Foodpreneur support initiatives from various stakeholders(eg NEA, IMDA, Enterprise Singapore) including but not limited to:
a. Program funding
c. Academic programs
d. On-the-job training
e. Support initiatives
f. Drive publicity and awareness for the program, working with internal and external marketing consultants.
g. Reach out to and manage key influencers
1. Strong project management experience
2. Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
3. F&B experience preferred
4. Able to adapt communication style to the audience (from government officials to hawkers and ‘man in the street’) and build rapport
5. Good commercial sense (street smart)
6. Comfortable to roll up sleeves and get into the ‘trenches’
7. Resilient and able to motivate others to dare to try, fail and try again