NTUC Enterprise is the holding entity and single largest shareholder of the NTUC Social Enterprises. NTUC Enterprise aims to create a greater social force to do good by harnessing the capabilities of the social enterprises to meet pressing social needs in areas like health and eldercare, childcare, daily essentials, cooked food and financial services. Serving over two million customers, NTUC Enterprise wants to enable and empower all in Singapore to live better and more meaningful lives.
Kopitiam, a household name in the F&B sector is the latest addition to our family of NTUC Social Enterprises.
Cook (Part Timex 2) Compassone & Tampines Mall
The Stall Staff / Cook, Shi Hui Yuan is an important role to support the day-to-day F&B operations.
The key responsibilities will include preparing meals according to a prescribed system, preparing ingredients, adhering to the in-store menu, serving guidelines and following food health and safety procedures. Other duties include cooking, cleaning, assist other co-workers and deliver food in a fast-paced environment. Work will include operating a deep fryer, traditional gas stove, or fryer to kitchen electrical appliances.
You will work very closely with the Stall Supervisor or In-charged to operate and grow the stall operations.
- Prepare food ingredients& meals as directed
- Perform frying, braising and blanching of food ingredients
- Observe strictly & to enforce food safety & hygiene practices
- Set-up relevant stations for service hours
- Communicate with expeditor/cashier on finished product
- Able to work independently during preparation hours
- Adhere to prescribe menu & serving guidelines such as food portioning & presentation
- Ensure the food quality standard for dine-in, delivery and take-away (or Pick-up) are consistent and of the highest serving quality
- Adhere strictly to food safety&hygiene practices and support kitchen equipment maintenance
- Take food orders from customers accurately and with a positive attitude
- Key in customer’s orders into POS
- Engage with customers in a friendly manner
- Good knowledge of the menu, with the ability to make suggestions
- Ensure customer receives their meals and take action to correct any issues
- Collect payments or proceeds from customers (accurately)
- Sanitizing of workstations
- Willing and able to operate mobile devices like 3rd party delivery platform gadget (egFoodpanda)
- Assist in monthly inventory count
● Possess Basic Food Safety & Hygiene Certification
● Work in F&B operations for at least one (1) year & above
● Previous working experience in a team environment & various Chinese/local cooking method preferred.
Other Preferred Competencies:
● Possess initiative
● Team Player
● Customer-centric work attitude
● Energetic and high level of integrity
Ratating shift- 10am - 2pm/3pm , 4pm - 8/9pm