- Travel Tech Start-up Intern (Mobile App Development)
- Date Listed
- 08 Oct 2018
- Job Type
- Freelance / Project, Internship / Contract, Part-time / Temporary ( Entry Level / Junior Executive )
- Job Period
- Immediate Start, For At Least 3 Months
- Central Business District (CBD)
- Allowance /
- $15 hourly
- Information Technology
- Information and Communications Technology
- Company Profile
Itinable is a mobileapplication for travel tip sharing. We believe that the connectivity we alreadyshare with our friends and community should allow us to collect travelinspiration and personalized, trusted experiences from those we trust. We allowyou to see your friends’ and fellow travellers’ favourite places around theworld and use them for your next trip.
- Job Description
Itinable is seeking isseeking a bright, motivated Mobile Development Intern to participate in thedevelopment of various mobile and web based software projects. You will workwith software engineers and web professionals to develop and grow a new marketproduct. This is a great opportunity for students or recent graduates to learnthe ins and outs of Mobile development and being part of the early stages of astart-up .
Duties include, butmay not be limited to, the following:
· Perform code reviews, quality control, debug, unit testing and suggestnew features.
· Document written code.
· Work within a team to complete assigned tasks.
· Help prepare the project for release including complete pre-UAT.
Has or is workingtowards a tertiary qualification in Software Engineering, Computer Science,Information Systems, Mathematics, or has at least 6 months of relevantexperience in a similar quantitative field.
Desired Skillsinclude, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Practical experience with software development using a modern coding/scripting language (Objective-C, Swift, Java, Python, HTML5, PHP, R)
- Experience querying, developing, or administering databases (MySQL, PostrgeSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Hadoop, MongoDB)
- Passion for the web, social media, mobile, etc
- Experience working in project teams using Agile management frameworks
- Good foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO design
- Ability to deliver tasks in allocated time
- Good coding organization and commenting skills
- Good debugging skills
- Experience using source control repositories such as Git, GitHub;
- Basic understanding of security including OAuth;
- Be flexible to do various tasks such as application testing
- Have some travel experience and a passion to trave
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team to meet program needs
- Energy, enthusiasm, and a good sense of humour
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required
- Availability to start working immediately
Please apply for this position by submitting your text CV using InternSG.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.