An urban oasis in the park. Hotel Fort Canning is a luxurious and award-winning conservation hotel tucked within 18 hectares of lush greenery in Fort Canning Park. Considered one of Singapore’s iconic heritage hotels, Hotel Fort Canning bears a storied past that dates back to the early 20th century, with the building itself a former British military administration site.
We are looking for experienced professionals to assist us in our operations for Front Office.
Front office guest services team is responsible for checking in & out of guests according to the hotel act requirements and protocols set by organization. Basic task including dealing with guest requests according to protocols set by organization in a professional and courteous manner. Guest services team is also in charge of coordinating with other involved departments to ensure all arrivals including groups are taken care of.
1. Registering of arrival guest and handling of departing guest’s folio in accordance to hotel act requirements including all group arrivals and departures.
2. Familiarize with all hotel policies, protocols and on day events happening in the hotel.
3. To supervise all minibar records, financial postings, inventory and late charges to ensure that all is performed accordingly with accuracy.
4. To work closely with and inform the Guest Relations Manager of any unusual activities that occurs during each shift or day.
5. Able to give out proper directions from and to hotel.
6. To provide and perform foreign currency exchange accordingly to MAS requirements.
7. To upsell or sell rooms with the correct method designed in order to maximize revenue and occupancy.
8. Ensure all necessary down time reports are being saved in PDF softcopy format and backed up accordingly.
9. Perform non-refundable charge, modifying of registration cards, room move (life/dead), assign arrival guest rooms, enquiry emails are properly followed up on a daily and timely basis.
10. To coordinate with Housekeeping department to make sure all arrival rooms are cleaned and tidied and ensure all special room amenities are placed in room prior to guest arrival.
11. Creating of room reservations and controlling of extranet bookings during the absence of reservations department.
12. Attending to phone calls and guests’ queries.
13. Perform show room for hotel area only.
14. Handle pay out and cash refund with care.
15. To ensure the Private/Patio lounge cleanliness/image is always at its best, clear and replenish all dirty cups or glasses and also maintain work station/counter cleanliness.
1. Ongoing Diploma students / Diploma fresh grad are welcome to apply
2. Pleasant personality and excellent customer service skills.
3. Other required Skill(s): knowledge of sales, cash handling
4. Able to work rotating shifts and during weekends & public holidays
5. Fully COVID-19 vaccinated
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.