You will be part of Generation: You Employed, Singapore a local charity with a mission to create meaningful career pathways for people facing barriers to employment. We are an affiliate of Generation: You Employed, a global network of non-profit organizations working on a mission to bridge the gap between education and employment systems to prepare, place and support people into meaningful jobs that are otherwise inaccessible. Generation was created in 2014 to help bridge this gap—at speed and scale. Till date, Generation has supported more than 106,000 people of all ages across 18 countries to get into career-launching jobs. Our placement rates are one of the best in the market at nearly 86% of all Generation graduates securing full-time jobs within 90 days from completing the program.
Position opens with targeted March start date
What The Role Is About
We are seeking a motivated intern who will be involved in:
- Conducting research and supporting outreach efforts to potential employer partners about Generation Singapore. You will support in generating leads, initiating contact and maintaining relationships with prospects as well as complete a range of administrative duties.
- Conducting research activities for the organisation
What You Will Do
- Conduct market research to identify relevant prospective employers and engagement opportunities
- Assist with employer prospecting campaigns eg. Create and maintain client databases on Salesforce, crafting and sending out emailers, LinkedIn messages, follow ups and collating outreach results
- Update documents for internal and external meetings in timely manner
- Coordinate and support meetings, appointments and events
- Coordinate job matching and placement activities
- Contact program graduates to understand their status if and when the need arises
- Provide effective administrative support for stakeholders whenever necessary
- Be trained in and conduct survey follow ups through messaging, virtual calls or phone interviews, guiding respondents through survey questions, following through with respondents to ensure timely completion of the survey and to achieve desired response rates
- Collect data and consolidate information into actionable items, reports and presentations.
To Be Successful You'll Need to be/Have
- Alignment with Generation mission and values
- Knowledge of data collection methods (polls, surveys, focus groups, etc). Hands-on experience is an added advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Powerpoint
- Familiarity with Excel, data entry, database management
- An independent self-starter who takes end-to-end ownership of tasks assigned, positive, solutions-oriented attitude, seeks opportunities for improvement, persistent
- An agile and proactive learner who is meticulous and values accuracy and pays attention to details
- Able to prioritise and be adaptable
- Excellent planning, record-keeping and organizing skills
- Have a growth mindset
- A team player - able to collaborate extensively across the organization with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Graduated from or currently enrolled in a diploma or undergraduate program from any discipline, preferably with a social science research background
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Related Company Review:
Type: Civic & Social Services / Nonprofit & NGO
Pros: Generation Singapore provide a full support to their students and clients
Cons: Maybe encounter some problem while work remotely