GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are engaged in providing specialized engineering services including repair and maintenance of power generation equipment and components for petrochemical, marine, transportation, manufacturing and utilities industries locally and in the Asia Pacific countries.
We are looking for suitably qualified individuals to fill the position. The successful candidates will be part of this challenging global engineering site and a center of excellence in Asia.
Role Summary/Purpose: GE's internships offer a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience through challenging projects, learn from some of the brightest and most innovative minds in the business and network with a variety of talented professionals. This internship role offers the candidate a rare opportunity to gain industrial experience in product qualification, operational planning and execution of repairs on GE’s state-of-the-art 7HA and 9HA gas turbine engine components. The candidate will be exposed to industry-leading repair processes, technologies and systems.
Responsibilities: Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Support in operational readiness and planning: Partner with operations leader in enabling the day-to-day operations through development of systems for job scheduling, materials planning, workstation moonshining and other operational needs.
- Support product repair qualifications: Build process knowledge through observations and understudying engineers, in creating repair work instructions for technicians.
- Participate in problem solving: Support problem solving through collaborative cross functional effort in root cause analysis, data collection and implementation of sustainable corrective actions.
- Participate in continuous improvement: Co-lead process and quality improvement projects through learnings and exposure in Lean and Six Sigma tools. Opportunity to participate in Shingi/Lean Kaizen events.
- Gain GE certification in Lean Six Sigma Tools through our GE Learning platform.
- Currently pursuing a Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Material and/or Industrial Engineering
- Competent in MS Office applications, particularly MS Excel for data analytics
- Being inclusive and having the imagination and courage to make changes
- Possess good communication skills
Related Job Searches:
GE Repair Solutions Singapore Pte. Ltd.
Operations Engineering Intern (HA Gas Turbine Component Repairs)