Our Story - Dairy Expertise that leads the world
Fonterra is the world’s largest dairy exporter, proudly delivering New Zealand products to over 130 countries.
NZMP, which stands for New Zealand Milk Products, is the ingredients and solutions brand of Fonterra. We have one of the broadest ranges in the dairy industry; our ingredients are used by some of the world’s most famous food and nutrition brands.
Technical Intern - Foodservice or Food Technology (1 July to 31 December 2020)
Main Purpose and Major Challenges of the Role:
- To assist the Regional Technical Manager in the servicing of existing sales and generation of new business for Fonterra, creating significant commercial value.
- The major challenge for the Technical Intern is to be a self–starter, applying their sound judgment and influencing skills to prioritise conflicting demands within a commercial environment.
Generation of New Business
- Assist the Regional Technical Manager to accelerate new business opportunities the S&EA Sales Team are pursuing
- Assist Sales Managers to scope and prioritise opportunities based the S&EA Strategic Plan and input from key stakeholders.
- Assist Sales Managers to develop detailed project plans for opportunity management
- Deliver assigned milestones and tasks in full and on time e.g. management of product samples
- Assist the Regional Insights and Activation Manager via assigned tasks within Market Activation
Technical Service of Existing Sales
- Assist the Regional Technical Manager in supporting existing sales:
- Assist Sales Managers with customer technical queries and to provide a professional response to product complaints
- Provide a weekly written update on progress and issues to the Regional Technical Manager
Key Skills & Attitude:
- Foodservice or Food Technology major
- Passionate about food, prior F&B experience is a bonus
- Positive and enthusiastic team player who can collaborate across cultures
- Strong project management skills with the ability to get things done
- Self-motivated and works well in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in English & Mandarin
This internship is only open to students who are currently pursuing a degree with a local University in Singapore.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.