Firmenich is the world’s largest privately-owned company in the fragrance and flavor business
Founded in Geneva, Switzerland, in 1895, we have created many of the world’s best-known perfumes and flavors that billions of consumers enjoy each day.
We are renowned for our world-class research and creativity, as well as its thought leadership in sustainability and exceptional understanding of consumer trends.
The objective of this intern requirement is to provide support to the Portfolio and Project Management Director to assist with day to day lab operations, sample stock maintenance and database upkeep.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Director for the upkeep of the library to ensure all database are well maintained and ensure flavor library stock is maintained and within expiry date.
- Assist with sample preparations for internal clients and external client base on projects such as beverages and sweet goods.
- Work alongside and closely with the application technologists to contribute to winning solutions
- Under guidance, the intern will be responsible for selecting and applying flavors on base formulations for team evaluations.
- Work alongside the technologist to help manage general laboratory upkeep.
At the end of the internship, the intern will
- Gain insights on how the unique Flavors industry works and its business cycle
- Experience the role of a laboratory technologist within the flavor industry
- Learn techniques for the application and evaluation of flavors in various different food and beverage products.
- Study science related course
- The ideal candidate must be meticulous with an eye for details
- Strong competency with data management and analysis (microsoft excel)
Period of Work Attachment:
As per academic calendar (Minimum 3 months, up to 6 months)
8am to 5pm (Mon – Thu)
8am to 3:30pm (Fri)
(Transport provided two ways)
No. of positions available: 1