Essilor is the world leader in ophthalmic optics with products distributed in more than 100 countries. The Group designs, manufactures and markets an extensive range of vision care solutions that help to correct, protect and prevent risks to the visual health.
The Group's human and societal commitment to making better vision accessible to all is what drives the 69,000 Essilor people every day. The Group enjoys a strong corporate culture, a result of its nearly 170-year history. It is based on values of entrepreneurship, respect for others and shared trust, cooperation spirit, diversity and innovation. This has enabled a strong growth track record over time, both organically and through numerous local partnerships worldwide.
In line with its mission to improve lives by improving sight, Essilor allocates more than €200 million to research and innovation to widen access to eye-wear that is tailored to each person’s unique visual needs and lifestyle. It leverages a world class supply chain including 32 plants, 475 prescription laboratories and edging-mounting facilities and 14 distribution centers to serve more than 350,000 clients worldwide. The Group also develops and markets equipment, instruments and services for eye care professionals.
Essilor reported consolidated revenue of €7.5 billion in 2017.
Its flagship brands are Varilux®, Crizal®, EyezenTM, Transitions®, Definity®, Xperio®, Optifog™, Foster Grant®, Bolon® and Costa®.
Sustainability is at the heart of Essilor’s mission, with healthy vision for all contributing to several of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. In 2015, Essilor was recognized in Fortune’s Change the World list, for the progress it is making in addressing the issue of visual health as part of its core business strategy. All employees of Essilor will help to deliver in sustainability and carry out our mission.
For more information, please visit www.essilor.com and www.essilorseechange.com
The Accounts Executive (GL) reports to the Assistant Finance Manager, Shared Service Centre for Essilor AMERA.
The role must be able to perform independently with less guidance and able to meet tight deadline. The jobholder will prepare and maintain full set of accounts.
- Perform monthly inter-company and bank reconciliations
- Perform month end closing activities including AR/AP/GL functions
- Perform inventory reconciliation between inventory ledger and reconcile against in-house inventory system
- Prepare and verify staff expenses claim
- Capitalize fixed assets in system, run FA depreciation
- Prepare and upload monthly CARS (HFM) reporting pack
- Prepare audit and tax schedules and draft audit reports
- Handle audit queries
- Liaise with tax consultants on tax matters, including PIC government grant, tax filing and GST reconciliation
- Supervise AR & AP staffs and work as a team to collaboratively support with functional stakeholders
- Ad hoc duties as assigned
- Diploma in Accounting or LCCI / ACCA level 1 or equivalent
- Possessing at least 2 years of relevant experience in full sets of accounts
- Having system implementation will be an advantage
- Experience working with ERP systems such as Microsoft Axapta, Hyperion or similar systems
- Good in MS Excel skills
- Meticulous and detailed oriented
- Proactive in problem finding and resourceful in problem solving
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills coupled with strong analytical mind-set